August 13, 2014 , Windsor, Ontario – Dodge is upping its high-performance game again with the unveiling of the new 2015 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat.
- With 707 horsepower, an NHRA-certified quarter mile (402 metres) elapsed time of 11.0 seconds on street tires and a top speed of 328 km/h, the world’s only four-door muscle car is the quickest, fastest and most powerful sedan ever
- Supercharged 6.2-litre HEMI® Hellcat engine produces 707 horsepower and 650 lb.-ft. of torque
- Quarter mile (402 m) elapsed time in 11.0 seconds on street tires, 0-160-0 km/h in under 13 seconds and a top speed of 328 km/h
- Dodge and SRT designers re-sculpt and refined nearly every body panel with functional performance cues, including heat extractors in the hood, unique front and rear fascias and dramatic LED lighting in both front and rear
- 8-speed automatic transmission – delivering fuel-efficient street driving & maximum track performance with 160 millisecond shifts with rev-matching
- 15.4-inch Brembo two-piece rotors with six-piston calipers, 20 x 9.5-inch wide forged aluminum wheels with Pirelli P Zero performance tires, adaptive damping three-mode suspension and three-mode, heavy-duty eight-speed automatic transmission
- New SRT Performance Pages allow drivers to tailor the driving experience by controlling horsepower, transmission shift speeds, paddle shifters, traction and suspension
- Two key fobs – one black that limits power and one red that unlocks all 707 horsepower
- New interior design elements, including SRT three-spoke, flat-bottom steering wheel, 7-inch reconfigurable digital gauge cluster, 8.4-inch multimedia centre with touchscreen, Nappa leather and Alcantara suede seating
The new Charger SRT Hellcat will feature the supercharged 6.2-litre HEMI® Hellcat V8 engine that produces 707 horsepower and 650 lb.-ft. of torque – making it the quickest, fastest, most powerful production sedan in the world, as well as the most capable and technologically advanced four-door muscle car in North America.
“For the last eight years, a large part of the Dodge Charger’s successful formula has been its many personalities. It’s a muscle car, a performance sedan, a family capable sedan; its success is that it can be any or all of those things, depending on how the customer chooses to equip their car,” said Tim Kuniskis, President and CEO — Dodge and SRT Brands. “And now, with a NHRA-certified quarter mile (402 m) time of 11.0 seconds and a 328 km/h top speed, the new 2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat redefines itself again, as the quickest, fastest, most powerful sedan in the world!”
The 2015 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat will be built at the Brampton (Ont.) Assembly plant. Production is slated to begin in the first quarter of 2015.
Awe-inspiring powertrain; largest brakes ever offered in a Chrysler Group vehicle
The new 2015 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat is powered by the new supercharged 6.2-litre HEMI V8 engine. Its 707 horsepower matches the highest rating of any V8 engine in Chrysler Group’s celebrated history – that of the 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat.
The all-new supercharged V8 engine is mated to the beefy new TorqueFlite 8HP90 eight-speed automatic transmission.
This new Hellcat engine is Dodge and SRT’s first application of V8 supercharger technology, featuring a forged-steel crankshaft with induction-hardened bearing surfaces. The result is a crank so well-engineered it can withstand firing pressures of 110 bar (1,595 psi) – the equivalent of five family sedans standing on each piston. And its unique, specially tuned crank damper has been tested to 13,000 rpm.
High-strength, forged-alloy pistons, developed using advanced telemetry measurement, are coupled to powder-forged connecting rods with high-load-capacity bushings and diamond-like-carbon-coated piston pins.
The supercharged 6.2-litre HEMI V8 has premium-grade, heat-treated aluminum-alloy cylinder heads, which are optimized for superior thermal conductivity. And its die-cast aluminum rocker covers are HEMI Orange.
Standard on the Charger SRT Hellcat is the largest front-brake package ever offered in a Chrysler Group vehicle, which were first introduced on the 2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat, featuring all-new 390-mm (15.4-inch) Brembo two-piece rotors with six-piston calipers for outstanding heat management and thermal capacity and longevity.
The unrivalled four-door performance numbers tell an impressive story with the quarter mile (402 m) in 11.0 seconds, 0-160-0 km/h (100 mph) in under 13 seconds, and a top speed of 328 km/h (204 mph).