Jean-Eric Vergne has announced his departure from Toro Rosso.
Tag Archive: twitter
Rival F1 team Force India has blasted outgoing world champions Red Bull as the “cheats” of the sport.
“Red Bull gives you flexible wings,” team supremo and co-owner Vijay Mallya said on Twitter on Sunday. The former Indian billionaire’s attack on the energy drink-owned team follows not just the latest flexible wing saga, but also team boss Christian Horner supposedly enraging his counterparts in a recent meeting.
McLaren’s new front wing bears a striking resemblance to the one fitted to the 2014 Red Bull.
In the last race before the British team switches to Honda power, it was fitted to Kevin Magnussen’s MP4-29 during Friday practice in Abu Dhabi. The Danish driver said the new wing is a “very different philosophy” for McLaren.
Bernie Ecclestone has vowed to clamp down on the proliferation of internet journalists in F1
After controversially rubbishing the power of social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter last week, the F1 supremo is now warning that online publications will find access to the paddock more difficult in the future.
Bernie Ecclestone has joined those who are heavily critical of Caterham’s plea for fans’ money to get the struggling team back on track.
As Marussia reaches the end of the line, fellow absent backmarker Caterham wants F1 fans to fund its Abu Dhabi comeback later this month.
Using the Twitter hashtag ‘RefuelCaterhamF1′, the team – under administration and reportedly in debt to the tune of $25 million – has launched a controversial crowd-funding appeal to raise the almost $4 million it says it needs to race at the 2014 finale.
Caterham is on the brink of collapse, as the backmarker team loses even the support of F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone.
“I think it’s better they go,” said the 83-year-old Briton as the latest developments emerged late on Wednesday. “I don’t want people going around with begging bowls,” Ecclestone told the Sun newspaper in an article credited to business journalist Caroline Reid.
It is possible Fernando Alonso will take a sabbatical in 2015, according to Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff.
It is the burning question of the F1 driver ‘silly season’ at present — now that Sebastian Vettel has left Red Bull apparently to replace Alonso at Ferrari, what will the talented but temperamental Spaniard do next?
Mercedes has revealed the cause of former championship leader Nico Rosberg’s steering wheel failure in Singapore.
Kobayashi heading to Monza for Caterham return
Caterham on Thursday confirmed reports Kamui Kobayashi is returning to race duty this weekend at Monza. The Japanese was sidelined two weeks ago at Spa-Francorchamps, as reigning Le Mans winner Andre Lotterer and his sponsor Hype stepped into the green car.
The F1 rumour mill is alight with speculation Caterham is taking a new race driver to this weekend’s Belgian grand prix.
After Kamui Kobayashi admitted recently his race seat may not be safe in the wake of the Leafield based team’s sale and subsequent shakeup, the big rumour now is that the Japanese is set to be replaced by 2014 Le Mans winner Andre Lotterer.
The new era of social media and F1’s traditional ‘silly season’ may not mix well together.
Fernando Alonso turned 33 on Tuesday, and as far as official congratulations go, many spotted McLaren’s first. The Spaniard, undoubtedly frustrated with title-lacking life at Ferrari after five years, might be on the move and Honda is clearly on the hunt for a top driver to spearhead its new works McLaren foray.