Tag Archive: Toro Rosso

Oct 29

Sainz must wait another month for Toro Rosso news

An increasingly impatient Carlos Sainz jr says he will have to wait another month for Red Bull to decide his future in formula one.

GP3 - Carlos Sainz Jr (MW Arden) “After what we have achieved this year,” the new Formula Renault 3.5 champion told Spain’s Marca, “there is no alternative choice for me other than formula one.” Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 29

Domenicali to start work at Audi next week – report

Stefano Domenicali will reportedly start work at Audi next week.

2014-01-16_0782 Earlier this month, reports emerged that the former Ferrari team boss had accepted an offer to work for the Volkswagen-owned carmaker. Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 27

Sainz says he ‘deserves’ Toro Rosso debut

Carlos Sainz jr is convinced he should be handed his F1 debut by backer Red Bull.

Carlos Sainz Jr The 20-year-old is the newly crowned champion of the highly rated Formula Renault 3.5 series, but he was overlooked by Red Bull for a guaranteed seat at the junior team Toro Rosso for 2015. Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 23

Berger rumours return to F1 headlines

Rumours linking Gerhard Berger with a return to the F1 paddock have resurfaced.

20131019-0045 Earlier, McLaren slammed as “complete and utter nonsense” reports the former team driver is a candidate for a prominent role, amid suggestions of unrest between shareholders Ron Dennis and Mansour Ojjeh. Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 21

Total president killed in plane crash

The president of F1 sponsor Total has been killed in a plane crash, the Russian news agency Ria Novosti reports.

View image on TwitterThe French oil multinational is closely aligned in formula one with Renault-powered teams Red Bull and Lotus and the French driver Romain Grosjean. Russia’s Lifenews service also reports that Total’s president, Christophe de Margerie, died in a plane crash at the Vnukovo airport in Moscow early on Tuesday. Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 20

Marko yet to tell Sainz of plans for 2015

Even now crowned the new Formula Renault 3.5 champion, Carlos Sainz jr is still in the dark about his F1 future.

Carlos Sainz - Spa 2014 Clearly the cream of Red Bull’s hopeful clan of young development drivers, the 20-year-old is in the running to replace Daniil Kvyat at Toro Rosso in 2015. But with the 17-year-old Max Verstappen already signed up, it is clear that team boss Franz Tost and owner Dietrich Mateschitz think keeping the experienced Jean-Eric Vergne on board might be the smarter play. Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 17

Toro Rosso hopeful Sainz ‘patient’ amid Vergne reports

Carlos Sainz jr says he is being “patient” as Red Bull decides his future in formula one.

2014-06-08_0863 Before Sebastian Vettel blew the ‘silly season’ wide open and Daniil Kvyat got the call to replace him at Red Bull Racing next year, Spanish rookie Sainz was licking his wounds at having missed out on a Toro Rosso debut for 2015. Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 14

Mateschitz hints Vergne to keep Toro Rosso seat

It is more and more certain that Jean-Eric Vergne will secure at least one more year with Toro Rosso.

2014-03-20 - Scuderia Toro Rosso - Australia - Jean-Eric Vergne (1) Earlier, the 24-year-old Frenchman had been left out in the cold by the Red Bull junior team, as teenage Max Verstappen was signed up for 2015. Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 14

Lotus not a big loss for Renault – Abiteboul

Red Bull boss Christian Horner, though, is not at all worried.

2014-06-05_0045 Renault boss Cyril Abiteboul insists engine customer Lotus’ impending switch to Mercedes for 2015 is no great loss for the French marque. Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 12

Verstappen with Vergne ‘makes sense’ for 2015 – Tost

Jean-Eric Vergne is now a hot contender to keep his seat at Toro Rosso next year.

IMG_0601 The Red Bull-owned team earlier announced the Frenchman’s impending departure, to make room for the teenage sensation Max Verstappen in 2015. Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 11

Vergne could keep Toro Rosso seat – Tost

Jean-Eric Vergne is back in the running to keep his seat at Toro Rosso in 2015.

2014-06-07_0929 In August, the Faenza based team said the Frenchman would leave at the end of this season as it replaces him with teenage sensation Max Verstappen. Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 07

Not just Sainz in running for Kvyat seat

Carlos Sainz jr is not the only candidate to replace the Red Bull-bound Daniil Kvyat at Toro Rosso next year.

2014-06-05_0142 Christian Horner and Dr Helmut Marko have already admitted the talented Spaniard, the current cream of Red Bull’s famed young driver programme, is the frontrunner for the newly-vacant seat in the wake of Sebastian Vettel’s shock news.
Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 07

Red Bull denies departing Vettel now ‘number 2′

Sebastian Vettel will not be marginalised by Red Bull despite shocking the team with his sudden departure news last week in Japan.

2014-07-19 - 99038 - Red Bull Racing - Sebastian Vettel That is the claim of team chief Dr Helmut Marko, who is already fending off claims the Ferrari-bound German received second-rate treatment during the Suzuka race. Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 05

Vettel masterminded massive Ferrari deal

The word at Suzuka on race-day Sunday is that Sebastian Vettel pulled off a masterstroke.

2014-07-17 - 99000 - Red Bull Racing - Sebastian Vettel Not only has he exposed Fernando Alonso’s Ferrari split and revealed that Red Bull’s doors are closed to the Spaniard, the reigning world champion has reportedly single-handedly brokered perhaps the most lucrative deal in F1 history. Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 05

Tost says Toro Rosso seat ’99pc’ for Sainz

Carlos Sainz jr is closing in on a Toro Rosso drive for 2015.

Carlos Sainz Jr Until mere days ago, the Spanish rookie – as the apparent cream of Red Bull’s junior programme – remained disappointed to have missed out on departing Jean-Eric Vergne’s place for next season. Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 04

Shock at Suzuka as Vettel leaves Red Bull

A wild rumour is now a certainty: Sebastian Vettel is leaving Red Bull to replace Fernando Alonso at Ferrari in 2015.

IMG_3788 With a Super Typhoon already bearing down, the reigning world champion team sent gasps through the media centre on Saturday morning with its press release. Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 04

Toro Rosso considering Sainz for 2015

Red Bull has not denied that Carlos Sainz jr is the obvious choice to replace Daniil Kvyat in 2015.

Carlos Sainz Suzuka and the sport was rocked on Saturday when it emerged Sebastian Vettel is leaving Red Bull’s senior team, with the 20-year-old Russian Kvyat to replace him. Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 03

Max Verstappen is making his Formula 1 debut

FIA Formula 3 European Championship Newsflash

FIA Formula 3 European Championship logo

A few weeks ago, Max Verstappen (Van Amersfoort Racing) signed his first Formula 1 contract and this Friday, he already took part in his first official Free Practice session for the Toro Rosso team.

Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 03

Vettel’s chief mechanic leaves Red Bull

Sebastian Vettel’s chief mechanic has left Red Bull.

2014-07-19 - 99024 - Red Bull Racing - Sebastian Vettel Already this year, it was announced that the reigning quadruple world champion’s well-known race engineer, Guillaume ‘Rocky’ Rocquelin, is being promoted for 2015. Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 02

McLaren says Berger reports ‘nonsense’

McLaren has slammed reports Gerhard Berger could be set to join the British team.

2014-03-17 - McLaren Mercedes - Australia - Ron Dennis 01 Earlier, Germany’s Auto Bild said supremo Ron Dennis is coming under increasing pressure from the struggling Woking based team’s major Bahraini shareholders. Read the rest of this entry »

Older posts «