Toto Wolff has declared Mercedes’ obvious resistance to moves to relax F1’s engine ‘freeze’.
Tag Archive: Sauber
Ferrari has split from the pack and declared its support for three-car teams in formula one.
Amid rumours up to three or four teams are in financial peril, Bernie Ecclestone said in Singapore that the sport would fill the grid gaps by requiring top teams to move from two to three-car operations as soon as 2015.
Kamui Kobayashi will stay at the wheel of his green Caterham for this weekend’s Singapore grand prix.
After Andre Lotterer took his place at Spa as the team’s new management seeks sponsored drivers, media reports had suggested Roberto Merhi, Andrea Caldarelli and Roman Rusinov were now next in line for Kobayashi’s cockpit.
Giedo van der Garde looks set to step up to a Sauber race seat for 2015.
The Dutch daily Algemeen Dagblad, and the specialist Dutch source Formule 1, are citing ‘sources’ close to the Swiss team and van der Garde that report that negotiations between the Sauber reserve driver and team management have been successful.
Sauber has singled out its ‘power unit’ as a major cause of its struggles in 2014.
The Swiss outfit and Caterham are the only teams yet to score a single point this year. Chief engineer Giampaolo Dall’Ara on Wednesday acknowleged to Germany’s Auto Motor und Sport that the C33 is not the best car Hinwil has ever produced.
Sauber driver Esteban Gutierrez has revealed his management is in talks with “other teams” about 2015.
With the prominent backing of Telmex, the 23-year-old has driven for the struggling Swiss team since last year. When asked about 2015, he told local media whilst in his native Mexico at the weekend: “We are in negotiations with Sauber and we have opened discussions with other teams.