Tag Archive: Prodrive

Oct 24

Prodrive interested in buying Cosworth

Prodrive boss David Richards has admitted he is interested in buying F1 engine supplier Cosworth.

ProdriveCosworth logoIt emerged last week that HRT and Marussia supplier Cosworth, currently owned by well-known US racing names Gerry Forsythe and Kevin Kalkhoven, is for sale. And former BAR and Benetton boss Richards, the majority owner of Prodrive, told the Daily Mail: “We’ve just started to take a look at Cosworth although I think they have rather over-priced themselves as I understand they don’t own the brand and they will be out of the formula one business within 12 months. Read the rest of this entry »

Dec 28

Sordo: I will do at least ten events with MINI

Dani Sordo will do at least ten WRC events with the MINI in 2012, he has confirmed on his official website

ProdriveDani Sordo 2011-09-30Although the Prodrive-run outfit has yet to officially announce its programme for next season and recently missed the deadline to register as a manufacturer [see separate story - click here], the statement from the Spaniard is great news for the WRC. Read the rest of this entry »

Aug 31

Richards and billionaire eye embattled Renault – report

Richards was the team principal at Enstone based Renault when the team was known as Benetton

David Richards2011-08-28 - Lotus Renault GP - Belgium - Vitaly Petrov 02Renault is still in “big” financial trouble and David Richards has expressed interest in buying into the Enstone based team. That is the claim of the Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf, adding that one of the richest Dutch entrepreneurs Marcel Boekhoorn has been asked to support Prodrive chief Richards’ interest.

Read the rest of this entry »

May 16

Irvine tops British F1 rich list

Eddie Irvine has outpaced F1’s current British stars on the Sunday Times’ sporting rich list for 2011.

Eddie Irvine.jpgP1010065The former Ferrari and Jaguar driver and 1999 championship runner-up has made a US $128 million fortune in property development since retiring from formula one in 2002. Read the rest of this entry »

Jan 17

No F1 for Prodrive in 2012 – Richards

Prodrive is re-entering the world rally championship in 2011 with Mini and BMW.

ProdriveSIAM_2011_SP_184After this year ruling out a bid to launch a team in 2011, Prodrive chief David Richards has confirmed that the Oxfordshire based group will also not be in formula one next season. Read the rest of this entry »

Aug 17

USF1 should have used Toyota car for debut – Windsor

Rather than close its doors

Peter Windsor has admitted USF1 should have considered racing Toyota’s 2010 package this season.  The principal of the ill-fated American outfit, British journalist Windsor has resurfaced as a new writer for the online F1 magazine GP Week. Read the rest of this entry »

Jul 28

MINI confirms WRC comeback

The iconic MINI name will return to the World Rally Championship stages next year

After its parent BMW group announced a multi-year comeback for one of the most charismatic names in the sport’s history. From 2011, MINI will compete at selected rounds of the FIA World Rally Championship and will go on to contest the entire season from 2012 onwards. BMW says this involvement is planned ‘for several years’. Read the rest of this entry »

Jun 20

Prodrive, Toyota, to find F1 refuge in rallying

Prodrive is expected to team up for a world rallying bid in 2011 with Toyota.

Toyota RacingProdriveBidding to form a team in 2011 was too great a risk for  Prodrive, the famous motor racing brand’s boss David Richards has admitted. The Briton and Aston Martin chief had attempted to form a team in previous years, but said in April that Prodrive will instead concentrate on world rallying and sports car racing. Read the rest of this entry »

Apr 15

Lola not applying for 2011 F1 team entry

Prodrive also announced on Thursday that it is not bidding to race in F1 next year.

LolaLola on Thursday became another prospective F1 team to rule out applying for the final spot on the 2011 grid. The British racing car company applied to race this season, and went to some lengths to design a grand prix single seater, but was overlooked by the FIA for the new team places. Read the rest of this entry »

Apr 15

Prodrive says no to F1 bid for 2011

Prodrive has not launched a new bid to enter formula one.

ProdriveThursday was the deadline for potential teams to register interest with the FIA for the 2011 selection process. But despite Prodrive wanting to secure a grid spot in previous years, David Richards’ company issued a statement saying it will instead concentrate on the world rally championship and sportscar racing. Read the rest of this entry »

Apr 02

Prodrive set to apply for 2011 team entry

Prodrive could be set to lodge an application to fill F1’s thirteenth team spot on the 2011 grid.

ProdriveHeaded by the experienced former Benetton and BAR chief David Richards, the British outfit was granted an entry in 2008 but pulled out due to a row about ‘customer car’ rules. Read the rest of this entry »

Feb 19

Richards not surprised by new teams’ troubles

Richards warned that he is not ready to step in at the last moment

David Richards says he is not surprised to hear about the problems being encountered by F1’s confirmed new teams. Although a solution to Campos’ financial problems appears to have been found and is set to be announced, it has been reported this week that the death knell is tolling for USF1. Read the rest of this entry »

Jan 03

Davidson: I should be in F1 – but it’s a rich man’s sport

Former Super Aguri star Anthony Davidson is adamant that he has ‘unfinished business’ in F1

But barring a sudden windfall, he admits, he is unlikely to get another chance in what is now more than ever ‘a rich man’s sport’. It is now more than a year-and-a-half since Anthony Davidson last graced the grand prix grid, but the highly-rated British star is adamant that he still has ‘unfinished business’ in F1, ‘deserves’ to be there and has had interest from a number of teams – all he needs now is a big wad of cash to seal the deal. Read the rest of this entry »

Dec 11

Renault decides to sell most of F1 team – reports

An announcement is not expected for “several days”.

In a meeting on Thursday, it is believed the French carmaker Renault decided to stay in formula one in 2010 but sell the majority of its Enstone based team.

Read the rest of this entry »

Dec 10

Prodrive quiet, Renault board set to meet

“It would be very different from a start-up team.” -Lopez

Following rival bidder Gerard Lopez’s comments on Wednesday, David Richards’ Prodrive company has refused to be drawn on its link with a buyout of the Renault team. Read the rest of this entry »

Dec 04

Sticky: Rumours link Villeneuve with Renault/Prodrive

Jacques Villeneuve’s is the latest name linked with the rumours about Renault’s future in formula one.

09-08-28_537It was reported on Thursday that David Richards’ Prodrive company may be close to agreeing a deal to take over the French carmaker’s Enstone based chassis-building plant. Read the rest of this entry »

Dec 04

Ho-Pin Tung hoping Lopez buys Renault

Lopez is also involved with the Gravity driver management company

Ho-Pin Tung’s manager has confirmed that the Chinese driver’s involvement with a potential team buyer was the reason for his test at the wheel of a Renault this week. Read the rest of this entry »

Dec 04

Ecclestone believes Renault to stay in F1

Bernie Ecclestone has played down reports that Renault is set to withdraw from formula one.

It emerged on Thursday that officials of the French carmaker were meeting in Paris to discuss the foray, amid reports that Prodrive/David Richards and Mangrove/Gravity will take over the Enstone facility with Renault remaining an engine supplier. Read the rest of this entry »

Dec 03

No Renault announcements imminent (update)

An agreement to sell Renault’s formula one team to Prodrive is unlikely to be confirmed imminently

In the wake of reports that the French carmaker is considering selling its Enstone (UK) chassis-making facility and F1 entry to David Richards’ company, it was whispered that an announcement might be forthcoming almost immediately. Read the rest of this entry »

Dec 03

Prodrive to buy Renault’s F1 team – report

But the French carmaker intends to remain an engine supplier to the new Prodrive team

Renault is reportedly devising an exit plan from formula one and it could involve selling its chassis-producing factory at Enstone to David Richards’ Prodrive company. Read the rest of this entry »

Older posts «