The ACT Late Models visit two new tracks in 2015
Tag Archive: New York
Montezemolo announces Ferrari exit
“Ferrari will have an important role to play within the FCA Group in the upcoming flotation on Wall Street. This will open up a new and different phase which I feel should be spearheaded by the CEO of the Group. Luca di Montezemolo has ended the intense speculation about his future by announcing his departure as Ferrari’s long-time president.
Vermonters Jimmy Hebert and Bobby Therrien are both former Thunder Road Tiger Sportsman Champions
The International 300 this weekend (July 20, 2014) at Airborne Park Speedway in Plattsburgh, New York will be full of ACT young stars who are making big statements on the American Canadian Tour (ACT) short tracks around the region.
Both drivers also happen to be leading their respective ACT Tour and Série ACT in the US and Quebec.
At the half-way mark of the 2014 race season, two of the best young stock car racing stars in the region, one from New Hampshire-Joey Polewarczky, Jr. (Pole) and the other from Quebec-Alex Labbe, will lead the way to the ACT Invitational at Airborne Speedway in Plattsburgh, New York this Sunday, July 20.
2013 is going to be a turning point for me
Open-wheel racing and former midget and sprint car driver Timothy Paul of Mahopac, New York, has signed an agreement to race in the Firestone Indy Lights Championship in 2014 for AJ Foyt Racing. Prior to the 2014 season, Paul, who has run competitively in the F2000 Championship Series, will spend 2013 competing in both F2000 and USF2000 in a CellMark Paper-sponsored entry to gain the maximum amount of seat time possible.
A company has filed a $650 million lawsuit against formula one.
Bluewaters Communications Holdings claims it was the high bidder to buy the sport in 2005. It is claimed CVC, F1’s current owner, was the lower but successful bidder because of F1 chief executive Ecclestone’s alleged bribes to the now-jailed former banker Gerhard Gribkowsky.
Paul Ricard boss Stephane Clair says there is a “90 per cent” chance the French circuit will host a grand prix in 2013.
He suggested to Le Figaro that the country is first in line to step in to replace the delayed New York grand prix. “We do not need the state (to contribute financially) for our project,” said Clair. He said the 2013 calendar would need to be tweaked, but suggested France could be slotted in for early September, creating a sequence of historic European races moving from Belgium, to France and then Italy.
Red Bull, the Austrian energy drink and championship-winning F1 team owner, could be the saviour of the embattled New York grand prix.
Bernie Ecclestone has reportedly told a motor racing website that billionaire Dietrich Mateschitz should step in to fund the race, after organisation and funding shortfalls forced the delay of the inaugural event, which had been scheduled for 2013.
“We are going to be racing at Port Imperial, unfortunately just not as soon as we hoped and expected.” – Leo Hindery jr
Even though it won’t happen in 2013, the promoter of the New York grand prix insists he remains “100 per cent committed” to bringing the Manhattan skyline to F1. Bernie Ecclestone last week confirmed reports that the New Jersey street race will not be ready to host its inaugural race next season.
Next year’s inaugural New York grand prix is definitely off, the Jersey Journal reports.
Bernie Ecclestone has said consistently of late that the New Jersey race, scheduled to take place on the streets of Weehawken amid the famous Manhattan skyline, will probably not happen next year due to contractual issues.
New Jersey governor Chris Christie is not worried plans for a formula one street race next June are set to collapse.
Bernie Ecclestone triggered the uncertainty by revealing that the race organisers currently do not have a contract, despite the fact a June 16 date for the ‘grand prix of Jersey’ was ratified by the FIA at the end of last week.