Tag Archive: Jean-Eric Vergne

Nov 28

Vettel exit spoiled Vergne’s Red Bull future

Jean-Eric Vergne says he was a contender to replace the Ferrari-bound Sebastian Vettel at Red Bull.

2014-06-08_0586 But the Frenchman, who has instead been dropped from the energy drink company’s F1 roster altogether, explained that circumstances simply conspired against him in 2014. Read the rest of this entry »

Nov 27

Vergne announces Toro Rosso exit

Jean-Eric Vergne has announced his departure from Toro Rosso.

2014-06-07_0087 On Twitter, the Red Bull-owned junior team’s driver for the past three seasons said: “Despite a good season and 22 points, I’ll not drive anymore for Toro Rosso in 2015. Read the rest of this entry »

Nov 27

Toro Rosso set to announce Sainz jr on Monday

Red Bull will announce the identity of Jean-Eric Vergne’s successor at the junior team Toro Rosso in the coming days.

Carlos Sainz Jr 24-year-old Vergne, the Faenza based team’s driver for the past three seasons, revealed on Wednesday that he will not be rookie Max Verstappen’s teammate in 2015. Read the rest of this entry »

Nov 26

Sainz denies Toro Rosso decision already made

Carlos Sainz jr has denied he already knows he will make his F1 debut with Toro Rosso next year.

Carlo Sainz Jr Spanish and French media reports have suggested team owner Red Bull has now decided to replace the experienced Jean-Eric Vergne with the Spanish rookie in 2015. Read the rest of this entry »

Nov 25

Sainz waits for imminent Toro Rosso announcement

Carlos Sainz jr says he hopes Toro Rosso will shortly announce his 2015 debut.

Carlos Sainz champion The major Spanish sports newspapers AS and Marca are separately reporting that the 20-year-old has been selected by Dr Helmut Marko to race alongside fellow rookie Max Verstappen next year. Read the rest of this entry »

Nov 24

Toro Rosso tipped to announce Sainz this week

Carlos Sainz jr could be unveiled within days as Toro Rosso’s new driver for 2015.

Carlos Sainz champion That is the claim of the Spanish sports daily Marca, following reports in Abu Dhabi at the weekend that Jean-Eric Vergne now seems resigned to leaving Faenza after three full seasons with the Red Bull-owned junior team. Read the rest of this entry »

Nov 23

Vergne set for Toro Rosso exit – reports

Jean-Eric Vergne appears to have missed out on a Toro Rosso seat for 2015.

2014-06-07_1014 Prior to Sebastian Vettel’s shock Red Bull exit, Frenchman Vergne had already been left out of junior team Toro Rosso’s plans for 2015. Read the rest of this entry »

Nov 14

Sainz may be shock contender for McLaren seat

Carlos Sainz jr may have emerged as a shock candidate to be Fernando Alonso’s teammate next year

Carlos Sainz Jr The Red Bull-backed rookie Spaniard now appears out of the running to make his debut for Toro Rosso next year, with the energy drink company likely to instead pair the young Max Verstappen with the more experienced Jean-Eric Vergne. Read the rest of this entry »

Nov 08

Alonso says ‘there is life after Ferrari’

Fernando Alonso remains the big player as the F1 driver ‘silly season’ reaches its climax for another year.

2014-09-04_0187 - Scuderia Ferrari - Italy - Fernando Alonso Further down the grid, the field of 2015 is now beginning to shape up.  Lotus is set to keep Romain Grosjean, and Jean-Eric Vergne is getting one more year at Toro Rosso. Read the rest of this entry »

Nov 07

Lotus set to announce Grosjean for 2015

Lotus is set to announce that Romain Grosjean is staying with the Enstone team in 2015.

2014-06-07_0899 Just a week ago, the Frenchman was saying he had the power to step out of his contract and move to a bigger team. But a lot – albeit all apparently behind the scenes – has changed in the intervening days, including reports that Fernando Alonso is definitely heading to McLaren-Honda. Read the rest of this entry »

Nov 06

Vergne ‘not worried’ about losing F1 seat

Jean-Eric Vergne is suddenly sounding very confident about his future in F1.

2014-06-07_1014 Just a month ago, prior to Sebastian Vettel’s shock decision to switch from Red Bull to Ferrari for 2015, Frenchman Vergne looked set to lose his place on the grid. Read the rest of this entry »

Nov 01

Tost wants to keep Vergne at Toro Rosso

Toro Rosso boss Franz Tost has admitted he would like to keep Jean-Eric Vergne on board for the 2015 season.

2014-06-05_0580 Mere weeks ago, the 24-year-old Frenchman was ruled out of the running after the Faenza team announced that Daniil Kvyat will be joined by the controversially-young and inexperienced rookie Max Verstappen, who is just 17. Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 31

Verstappen wants Vergne to be Toro Rosso teammate

Max Verstappen says he would prefer to be Jean-Eric Vergne’s teammate next year.

2014-08-22 - Scuderia Toro Rosso - Max Verstappen (4) Red Bull, the owner of Toro Rosso, is yet to decide whether the experienced Frenchman Vergne, 24, will get one more year at Faenza, or if the new Formula Renault 3.5 champion Carlos Sainz jr will be promoted. Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 29

Sainz must wait another month for Toro Rosso news

An increasingly impatient Carlos Sainz jr says he will have to wait another month for Red Bull to decide his future in formula one.

GP3 - Carlos Sainz Jr (MW Arden) “After what we have achieved this year,” the new Formula Renault 3.5 champion told Spain’s Marca, “there is no alternative choice for me other than formula one.” Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 27

Sainz says he ‘deserves’ Toro Rosso debut

Carlos Sainz jr is convinced he should be handed his F1 debut by backer Red Bull.

Carlos Sainz Jr The 20-year-old is the newly crowned champion of the highly rated Formula Renault 3.5 series, but he was overlooked by Red Bull for a guaranteed seat at the junior team Toro Rosso for 2015. Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 20

Marko yet to tell Sainz of plans for 2015

Even now crowned the new Formula Renault 3.5 champion, Carlos Sainz jr is still in the dark about his F1 future.

Carlos Sainz - Spa 2014 Clearly the cream of Red Bull’s hopeful clan of young development drivers, the 20-year-old is in the running to replace Daniil Kvyat at Toro Rosso in 2015. But with the 17-year-old Max Verstappen already signed up, it is clear that team boss Franz Tost and owner Dietrich Mateschitz think keeping the experienced Jean-Eric Vergne on board might be the smarter play. Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 14

Mateschitz hints Vergne to keep Toro Rosso seat

It is more and more certain that Jean-Eric Vergne will secure at least one more year with Toro Rosso.

2014-03-20 - Scuderia Toro Rosso - Australia - Jean-Eric Vergne (1) Earlier, the 24-year-old Frenchman had been left out in the cold by the Red Bull junior team, as teenage Max Verstappen was signed up for 2015. Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 12

Verstappen with Vergne ‘makes sense’ for 2015 – Tost

Jean-Eric Vergne is now a hot contender to keep his seat at Toro Rosso next year.

IMG_0601 The Red Bull-owned team earlier announced the Frenchman’s impending departure, to make room for the teenage sensation Max Verstappen in 2015. Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 11

Vergne could keep Toro Rosso seat – Tost

Jean-Eric Vergne is back in the running to keep his seat at Toro Rosso in 2015.

2014-06-07_0929 In August, the Faenza based team said the Frenchman would leave at the end of this season as it replaces him with teenage sensation Max Verstappen. Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 11

‘Growing concerns’ about Bianchi’s condition – reports

At least four major publications believe there are “growing concerns” about the health condition of seriously injured F1 driver Jules Bianchi.

Jean-Eric Vergne - photo © J.F Galeron At present, the only official news is that the Frenchman suffered a ‘diffuse axonal injury’ in his Suzuka crash last Sunday, and now lies in a Japanese hospital in a ‘critical but stable’ condition. Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 11

F1 eyeing driver speed limit for yellow flags

F1 is considering a couple of rule changes in response to Jules Bianchi’s serious crash at Suzuka last weekend.

2014-08-09_0351 The most significant is that, when double yellow flags are being waved, drivers may have their pitlane speed limiters automatically triggered. It would have the twofold benefit of not only preventing the sort of accident that sent Bianchi off the track, but ensuring that every driver is equally disadvantaged by caution zones. Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 10

FIA set to reveal Bianchi crash investigation

FIA president Jean Todt is also in Russia this weekend.

FIA The atmosphere in the Sochi paddock is grim, with many drivers visibly upset and even angry in the wake of the circumstances surrounding Jules Bianchi’s crash. Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 09

Vergne arranges helmet stickers to honour Bianchi

F1 drivers will wear helmet stickers to show their support for injured colleague Jules Bianchi this weekend in Russia.

2014-03-20 - Scuderia Toro Rosso - Australia - Jean-Eric Vergne (2) Morgan Caron, an official for the French motor sport federation FFSA, said the initiative to show the F1 drivers’ support was championed by Bianchi’s fellow Frenchman Jean-Eric Vergne. Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 05

Tost says Toro Rosso seat ’99pc’ for Sainz

Carlos Sainz jr is closing in on a Toro Rosso drive for 2015.

Carlos Sainz Jr Until mere days ago, the Spanish rookie – as the apparent cream of Red Bull’s junior programme – remained disappointed to have missed out on departing Jean-Eric Vergne’s place for next season. Read the rest of this entry »

Sep 30

F1 ‘too easy’ as teen Verstappen makes debut

F1’s governing body has cleared the way for Max Verstappen to make history this week at Suzuka.

2014-08-22 - Scuderia Toro Rosso - Max Verstappen (6) Under existing rules, a hopeful rookie can qualify for the mandatory ‘super license’ credential by testing for more than 300 kilometres under FIA supervision. Read the rest of this entry »

Sep 24

Vergne hopes 2015 employer noticed Singapore drive

Jean-Eric Vergne hopes his impressive drive in Singapore will open a rival team’s garage door for him in 2015.

2014-06-07_0890 Dumped as a Red Bull-backed driver, the Frenchman will leave the energy drink company’s second team Toro Rosso at the end of the season, to be replaced by teenager Max Verstappen. Read the rest of this entry »

Sep 19

‘No help from Red Bull’ as Vergne faces future

Jean-Eric Vergne has been left alone to keep his motor racing career on track.

2014-06-07_0099 After three seasons with the secondary team Toro Rosso, the Frenchman was overlooked by Red Bull last year when his teammate Daniel Ricciardo got the call to replace retiring Mark Webber. Read the rest of this entry »

Sep 06

Vergne ‘open’ to future outside F1

Jean-Eric Vergne insists he has his “eyes open” to opportunities outside of formula one for 2015.

IMG_3820 Now in his third campaign with the Red Bull junior team Toro Rosso, 24-year-old Frenchman Vergne will be moved over at the end of 2014 for the teen rookie Max Verstappen. Read the rest of this entry »

Sep 03

Designer spotted Ricciardo potential at Toro Rosso

“I was struck by the feedback he was able to give to the team”.

2014-07-17 - 99005 - Red Bull Racing - Daniel Ricciardo Daniel Ricciardo’s rise from the deep midfield to title-contending prominence in F1 has been a surprise to almost everyone in the paddock. Read the rest of this entry »

Aug 28

Early debut for teen Verstappen ‘really bad’ – Salo

Mika Salo has added his voice to concerns about the 2015 debut of teenager Max Verstappen.

Mika Salo Finn Salo, who raced in F1 against the 16-year-old’s father Jos, backed 1997 world champion Jacques Villeneuve who has questioned whether Verstappen’s signing by Toro Rosso is good for F1. Read the rest of this entry »

Older posts «