Renault eyes another F1 engine deal
Renault wants to build its team around Robert Kubica. That is the claim of the team’s new majority owner Gerard Lopez, amid rising speculation that Pole Kubica is being lined up for a 2011 switch to Ferrari.
Signaling his intent for Championship
GP3 Series Championship returned to the southern France testing circuit, Paul Ricard, to complete the second official preseason test this past week. With the schedule for the two days being similar as before, with a testing session in both the morning and afternoon, it was the addition of a 30 minute qualifying shootout that would take place directly after the morning session on the second day that had everyone talking and preparing.
The GP3 Series promises to be a great championship
The ART Grand Prix team would like to announce their driver line up for the inaugural 2010 GP3 Championship season. The French based squad will boast three drivers, Esteban Gutierrez, Alexander Rossi and Pedro Enrique to compete in what will be a strong championship that will run parallel to its sister series, the GP2 championship.
Olivier Quesnel is the sports boss for Peugeot and Citroen
Another potential full-time successor for the departed Renault team boss Flavio Briatore can be scratched from the list. Former F1 drivers Alain Prost and Gerhard Berger have been linked with the role, and although it is believed the quadruple world champion is still interested, Berger denies that talks even took place.
F1 world lashes out at crash-gate leniency
As the ‘crash-gate’ scandal ended on Monday, a contrite Nelson Piquet Jr said he now wants to resurrect his formula one career. Having blown the whistle on his ousted bosses Flavio Briatore and Pat Symonds, the 23-year-old Brazilian was not punished by the World Motor Sport Council on Monday despite admitting to crashing on purpose during the 2008 Singapore grand prix.
Prost gets closer to Renault boss role
Renault’s so-called ‘crash-gate’ hearing of the World Motor Sport Council on Monday took less than two hours. With the French team already effectively admitting the guilt of Flavio Briatore and Pat Symonds and not contesting the conspiracy charges, a decision is expected to be published by the FIA before the end of business hours.
Multiple media reports said the FIA did not comment
A high ranking FIA official reportedly knew about the ‘crash-gate’ allegations as long ago as the 2008 season finale in Brazil last year. Britain’s Daily Mirror newspaper on Friday published a transcript of Nelson Piquet Snr’s August 17 interview with Quest investigators, commissioned by F1’s governing body, about the scandal.
Heavy consequences await departed F1 chiefs – Ghosn holding fire on ‘crash-gate’ reaction
Fernando Alonso insists it is not ‘100 per cent’ certain that he will be a Ferrari driver in the near future. The Spaniard had been told by La Gazzetta dello Sport that Italian fans already see him as the next driver of a Maranello made single seater.