Niki Lauda has admitted it is possible Sunday’s championship showdown will end with a crash.
Tag Archive: Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung
Mercedes has hit back at reports some of its shareholders want the German marque to pull out of formula one.
The Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung newspaper has quoted two such shareholders – Michael Muders of the fund manager Union, and Henning Gebhardt, of DWS – as criticising Mercedes’ expanding push for F1 success.
Michael Schumacher is in no hurry to decide what to do next, as he faces returning to retirement in 2013.
The great German claims he turned down the offer of a two-year Mercedes contract extension in order to return “home” to his wife and children in Switzerland. “For me, there is nothing better than being at home. For me this means freedom, and I want to enjoy that again soon,” he told the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung newspaper.
Adrian Sutil, and possibly Lewis Hamilton, will be heading to court later this month over a nightclub incident that occurred last April.
German Sutil, who has lost his Force India drive and is reportedly now out of the running for the Williams seat, is accused of cutting Lotus team executive Eric Lux with a broken glass at a post-event party in China.
“We know nothing about it; there was no ultimatum” – Zimmermann
Eric Lux offered to settle the Adrian Sutil affair but the Force India driver broke the ultimatum, according to a German newspaper. The Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung said Lux, the chief executive of Renault team owner Genii Capital, now intends to pursue the 28-year-old in Germany, Switzerland (where Sutil lives) and England (where his team is based).
Renault is a more open team to work with than was BMW-Sauber, Nick Heidfeld has admitted.
The German, who has replaced the injured Robert Kubica this year, was paired with the Pole for several years at BMW-Sauber before the carmaker pulled out in 2009. “Renault is extremely open,” the 33-year-old, referring to the Lotus-sponsored team owned by Genii Capital, said in an interview with Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung.
The Volkswagen group is not going to enter formula one.
That is the conclusion on Tuesday of a report in the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung newspaper. Last month, following speculation the German giant was considering entering F1 with Audi or Porsche branding, it emerged that VW would discuss the possibility during a meeting in early November.