Tag Archive: Formula Renault 3.5

Dec 22

Duran delighted to be back racing (+video)

“I think it’s a great series – very exciting and I enjoyed it so much”

Salvador Duran was delighted to return to single-seater racing following an absence of more than four years when he made his Formula E debut at the Punta del Este ePrix. Read the rest of this entry »

Nov 29

Toro Rosso confirms Sainz for 2015

Toro Rosso late on Friday confirmed reports Carlos Sainz jr will complete the Red Bull-owned junior team’s 2015 driver lineup.

Formula Renault 3.5 Series Champion, Carlos Sainz to Formula 1 in 2015

The 20-year-old Spaniard and new Formula Renault 3.5 champion will replace the Italian based team’s driver of the past three seasons, Frenchman Jean-Eric Vergne. Read the rest of this entry »

Nov 27

Vergne announces Toro Rosso exit

Jean-Eric Vergne has announced his departure from Toro Rosso.

2014-06-07_0087 On Twitter, the Red Bull-owned junior team’s driver for the past three seasons said: “Despite a good season and 22 points, I’ll not drive anymore for Toro Rosso in 2015. Read the rest of this entry »

Nov 27

Toro Rosso set to announce Sainz jr on Monday

Red Bull will announce the identity of Jean-Eric Vergne’s successor at the junior team Toro Rosso in the coming days.

Carlos Sainz Jr 24-year-old Vergne, the Faenza based team’s driver for the past three seasons, revealed on Wednesday that he will not be rookie Max Verstappen’s teammate in 2015. Read the rest of this entry »

Nov 25

Sainz waits for imminent Toro Rosso announcement

Carlos Sainz jr says he hopes Toro Rosso will shortly announce his 2015 debut.

Carlos Sainz champion The major Spanish sports newspapers AS and Marca are separately reporting that the 20-year-old has been selected by Dr Helmut Marko to race alongside fellow rookie Max Verstappen next year. Read the rest of this entry »

Nov 24

Toro Rosso tipped to announce Sainz this week

Carlos Sainz jr could be unveiled within days as Toro Rosso’s new driver for 2015.

Carlos Sainz champion That is the claim of the Spanish sports daily Marca, following reports in Abu Dhabi at the weekend that Jean-Eric Vergne now seems resigned to leaving Faenza after three full seasons with the Red Bull-owned junior team. Read the rest of this entry »

Nov 23

Vergne set for Toro Rosso exit – reports

Jean-Eric Vergne appears to have missed out on a Toro Rosso seat for 2015.

2014-06-07_1014 Prior to Sebastian Vettel’s shock Red Bull exit, Frenchman Vergne had already been left out of junior team Toro Rosso’s plans for 2015. Read the rest of this entry »

Nov 17

Sainz and Ricciardo set for Abu Dhabi debut

This will be Carlos’ second test outing for Infiniti Red Bull Racing. 

01 - Infiniti Red Bull Racing Formula Renault 3.5 Champion Carlos Sainz Jr will line-up alongside Daniel Ricciardo for Infiniti Red Bull Racing’s final test of the 2014 season at Yas Marina Circuit on November 25 and 26 following the season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. Read the rest of this entry »

Nov 07

Sainz preparing for Toro Rosso ‘blow’

Carlos Sainz jr has admitted not moving up to formula one next year would be a “big blow”.

Carlo Sainz Jr As the days roll on, it appears increasingly likely that, instead of pairing Max Verstappen with another young rookie in 2015, owner Red Bull will instead keep the experienced Jean-Eric Vergne at Toro Rosso for one more year. Read the rest of this entry »

Nov 06

Vergne ‘not worried’ about losing F1 seat

Jean-Eric Vergne is suddenly sounding very confident about his future in F1.

2014-06-07_1014 Just a month ago, prior to Sebastian Vettel’s shock decision to switch from Red Bull to Ferrari for 2015, Frenchman Vergne looked set to lose his place on the grid. Read the rest of this entry »

Nov 03

Formula Renault 3.5: Albon leads the rookie test at Motorland

For the first of three days of collective tests at the Motorland Aragón, Alexander Albon (Lotus) was the quickest.

Albon leads the rookie test at MotorlandThe Anglo-Thai member of the Lotus F1 Junior Team was among the drivers invited by Renault Sport Technologies to test drive the Formula Renault 3.5. He dominated the morning session and posted best time of the day in 1:41.629 ahead of Gustav Malja (Zeta Corse) and Nicholas Latifi (Arden Motorsport), who were fastest in the afternoon.

Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 31

Verstappen wants Vergne to be Toro Rosso teammate

Max Verstappen says he would prefer to be Jean-Eric Vergne’s teammate next year.

2014-08-22 - Scuderia Toro Rosso - Max Verstappen (4) Red Bull, the owner of Toro Rosso, is yet to decide whether the experienced Frenchman Vergne, 24, will get one more year at Faenza, or if the new Formula Renault 3.5 champion Carlos Sainz jr will be promoted. Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 29

Sainz must wait another month for Toro Rosso news

An increasingly impatient Carlos Sainz jr says he will have to wait another month for Red Bull to decide his future in formula one.

GP3 - Carlos Sainz Jr (MW Arden) “After what we have achieved this year,” the new Formula Renault 3.5 champion told Spain’s Marca, “there is no alternative choice for me other than formula one.” Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 04

Toro Rosso considering Sainz for 2015

Red Bull has not denied that Carlos Sainz jr is the obvious choice to replace Daniil Kvyat in 2015.

Carlos Sainz Suzuka and the sport was rocked on Saturday when it emerged Sebastian Vettel is leaving Red Bull’s senior team, with the 20-year-old Russian Kvyat to replace him. Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 03

Driver pays thousands for Marussia practice runs

A new recruit will reportedly inject much-needed funds at struggling Marussia.

2014-06-05_0104 The team announced at Suzuka that Briton Will Stevens, currently a Formula Renault 3.5 driver but having previously tested for Caterham, has signed up as a reserve driver. Read the rest of this entry »

Sep 29

Sainz eyes F1 future despite Verstappen setback

Carlos Sainz jr hopes a timely show of dominance can put him back in the spotlight after a challenging couple of months.

Record victory for Carlos Sainz

The Spaniard put up an impressive double-victory in the Formula Renault 3.5 category in France at the weekend, moving tantalisingly close to securing the title. Read the rest of this entry »

Sep 15

Red Bull’s da Costa admits F1 ‘dream’ over

Antonio Felix da Costa has admitted his F1 “dream” is probably over.

Antonio Félix da Costa Last year, the young Portuguese was the cream of Red Bull’s driver development programme and apparently destined for a Toro Rosso debut in 2014. Read the rest of this entry »

Aug 28

Merhi waiting on F1 license for Monza debut

Next in line to drive ousted Kamui Kobayashi’s Caterham

20131020-0117 Roberto Merhi is only waiting on his F1 super license before receiving the green light to make his grand prix debut next weekend at Monza. Read the rest of this entry »

Aug 24

Caterham lines up new Kobayashi substitute for Monza

The big frontrunner now is Roberto Merhi

20131020-0097 Roberto Merhi has admitted he is in the running to be the next occupant of sidelined Caterham racer Kamui Kobayashi’s seat. Read the rest of this entry »

Aug 20

‘Kid’ Verstappen the big talking point at Spa

“The cars are really safe.  I think it’s more dangerous to bike through a big city than race in an F1 car.”

F3 - Max Verstappen - Van Amersfoort Racing F1 has emerged from its summer slumber, but the big talking point at Spa-Francorchamps will be a 16-year-old ‘kid’ who doesn’t even have a license to drive a road car. Read the rest of this entry »

Older posts «