Tag Archive: Ferrari-powered

Sep 01

Top speeds at Monza to be lower than expected

Top speeds at Monza this weekend may not be quite as spectacular as earlier expected.

GP3 - Autodromo Nazionale Monza That is the claim of the specialist German publication Auto Motor und Sport, despite predictions the new turbo V6-powered machines could soar beyond the old 370+kph top-speed record of the 2005 Italian grand prix. Read the rest of this entry »

Aug 18

Gutierrez in talks with ‘other teams’ for 2015

Sauber driver Esteban Gutierrez has revealed his management is in talks with “other teams” about 2015.

2014-06-07_0133 With the prominent backing of Telmex, the 23-year-old has driven for the struggling Swiss team since last year. When asked about 2015, he told local media whilst in his native Mexico at the weekend: “We are in negotiations with Sauber and we have opened discussions with other teams. Read the rest of this entry »

May 09

Heavy Sutil tested ‘no food’ diet

Adrian Sutil has revealed he trialled abstaining from food altogether as he battled to lose weight for 2014.

2014-03-20 - Sauber F1 Team - Australia - Adrian Sutil 02 According to Germany’s Auto Motor und Sport, the German is 13 kilograms heavier than his featherweight teammate Esteban Gutierrez. Read the rest of this entry »

Apr 18

Ferrari unlikely to recover in 2014 – Malago

“Every team is aware of the massive improvements they can make to their cars”

2014-03-17 - Scuderia Ferrari - Australia - Fernando Alonso 05Giovanni Malago says it is unlikely Ferrari will recover from its competitive slump within the 2014 season. Read the rest of this entry »

Apr 11

Sauber’s female driver to make F1 test debut

Simone de Silvestro will shortly make her formula one test debut.

2014-03-02 - Sauber F1 Team - Hinwil - Simo De Silvestro (2) The 25-year-old female Swiss driver, best known for her Indycar exploits, recently became “affiliated” with the Ferrari-powered Sauber team. Read the rest of this entry »

Mar 30

F1 drivers’ extreme dieting in 2014 caused one racer to pass out in Malaysia, it emerges

F1 driver ‘passed out’ in Malaysia

2014-01-31 - Sauber F1 Team - Adrian Sutil (3) We reported on Saturday that some drivers are deliberately dehydrating, even at sweltering Sepang, in order to get the weight of their car below the legal 692kg limit. Read the rest of this entry »

Mar 18

Sauber patient amid slow-moving Russian deal

Sauber insists its Russian rescue deal remains on track.

2014-02-27_0011 - Sauber F1 Team - Bahrain - Adrian Sutil Originally set to feature the teen Sergey Sirotkin on the 2014 grid, talk of the Swiss team’s Russian buy-in has now quietened in the F1 paddock. Read the rest of this entry »

Feb 14

Report – Ferrari sandbagging at Jerez?

Was Ferrari sandbagging at Jerez?

2014-01-31 - Scuderia Ferrari - Fernando Alonso (1) Germany’s Auto Motor und Sport on Friday revealed that, having studied the data from the recent opening winter test, the top five places in terms of top speed were occupied by Mercedes-powered cars. Read the rest of this entry »

Jan 29

Marussia on track for Thursday debut

Marussia is on course to debut its 2014 car on Thursday.

2013-03-03 - Marussia F1 Team - Barcelona 00 On Tuesday, having delayed the launch of the MR03 due to minor technical trouble, the team said the newly Ferrari-powered car was finally making its way from the UK to Jerez. Read the rest of this entry »

May 21

Hulkenberg leaves door open for Ferrari future

Nico Hulkenberg has left open the possibility of a future tie-in with Ferrari.

2013-03-23 - Sauber F1 Team - Malaysia - Nico Hulkenberg 02When the talented 25-year-old made the curious and apparently sideways step from Force India to Sauber for 2013, many sensed a ‘Ferrari factor’. Read the rest of this entry »

Jan 04

Sauber ‘capable of winning’ in 2013 – Perez

Sauber will reveal its 2013 car, the C32, in the days before it makes its track debut at the start of winter testing.

07 - Sauber F1 Team2012-11-15_0024Team founder Peter Sauber had already announced that the new Ferrari-powered single seater will run for the first time at Jerez on February 5. The Swiss team on Thursday invited the media to an official launch event at its Hinwil headquarters, on 2 February. Read the rest of this entry »

Jun 20

McLaren and Red Bull fastest in qualifying, race in 2012

2012 has been described as ‘topsy-turvy’ and a ‘lottery’ that has ended the domination of formula one’s usual greats.

2012-06-09_12892012-06-09_1275But according to a detailed analysis by Germany’s Auto Motor und Sport, F1’s old guard is still at the very top of the timesheets. The analysis shows that McLaren and Red Bull, respectively, have been the best teams overall when it comes to pace in the all-out ‘Q2′ qualifying segment, and the actual grands prix.

Read the rest of this entry »

Apr 04

Clever Sauber turning heads in 2012

Fernando Alonso’s win was a complete surprise, but the name of another team was on more paddock-dwellers’ lips after Malaysia — Sauber.

2012-02-24 - Sauber F1 Team - Kamui Kobayashi 032012-02-24 - Sauber F1 Team - Kamui Kobayashi 01“Only one team could do consistently good laptimes on all the tyres and in all the conditions, and it was Sauber,” confirmed Martin Whitmarsh, whose McLaren team had travelled to Sepang with arguably the fastest car. Read the rest of this entry »

Mar 24

F1 agrees new Concorde with ‘majority’ of teams

Paddock abuzz with Concorde intrigue

Flagworld - F12011-06-09_0314“The majority” of F1’s teams have agreed a deal over a new Concorde Agreement. The news was announced by the sport’s chief executive Bernie Ecclestone, who remains in Europe, in time for Saturday’s final practice session in Malaysia. Read the rest of this entry »

Mar 01

Perez admits possibility of Ferrari future

Sergio Perez has admitted the possibility he could be paired with Fernando Alonso next year at Ferrari.

2012-02-24 - Sauber F1 Team - Sergio Perez - 012012-02-06 - Sauber F1 Team - Sauber C31-Ferrari Launch - Sergio Perez 01The famous Italian team has put Felipe Massa on notice, with Mexican Perez – currently driving for Ferrari-powered Sauber – at the head of Ferrari’s driver development programme. Read the rest of this entry »

Feb 20

Perez backer Slim not ruling out Ferrari future

Sergio Perez’s backer has admitted a move for the Mexican driver to Ferrari is not out of the question for 2013.

2012-02-06 - Sauber F1 Team - Sauber C31-Ferrari Launch - Sergio Perez 0000Carlos SlimAlready a part of Ferrari’s driver programme, Perez is also strongly backed by Telmex, the telcom headed by the world’s richest man, Carlos Slim. Read the rest of this entry »

Feb 06

Sauber joins ‘stepped nose’ club with C31

Sauber on Monday joined the growing ‘stepped nose’ club by revealing its C31.

2012-02-06 - Sauber F1 Team - Sauber C31-Ferrari Launch - Kamui Kobayashi - Sergio Perez 012012-02-06 - Sauber F1 Team - Sauber C31-Ferrari Launch - 0000The Swiss team’s new Ferrari-powered car – boasting a modified grey, white and red livery – was revealed at Jerez before its initial laps “for filming purposess” ahead of the opening pre-season test.

(More photos of the Sauber C31-Ferrari launch)
Read the rest of this entry »

Jan 20

2012 Toro Rosso car ready for Jerez opener

According to new rules this year, the car is therefore now fit to test at Jerez from 7 February.

Scuderia Toro Rosso logo2011-11-16 - Scuderia Toro Rosso - Abu Dhabi - Kevin Ceccon 03Toro Rosso has announced that its 2012 car will be ready to run on the opening day of official testing at Jerez next month. Red Bull’s Italian-based rookie team said the Ferrari-powered TR7 passed the last of the FIA’s mandatory crash tests on Thursday.

Read the rest of this entry »

Jan 16

New Ferrari, Sauber, pass FIA crash tests

Ferrari’s 2012 car has now passed the mandatory FIA crash tests at the second attempt, according to multiple sources.

03 - Scuderia Ferrari07 - Sauber F1 TeamIt emerged last week that the new car, codenamed 663, was due to undergo the tests at the CSI technical facility in Bollate, near Milan, last week after they were initially failed.

Read the rest of this entry »

Jan 05

Top teams have signed new Concorde – reports

“The agreement – not official yet – was made as far back as November.”

Flagworld - F1 2011-11-26 - Red Bull Racing - Brazil - Christian Horner - Bernie EcclestoneMore media reports claim Ferrari and Red Bull, and probably also Sauber, have already inked separate new Concorde Agreements with F1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone.
Read the rest of this entry »

Older posts «