Corruption and negligence
Tag Archive: Epsilon Euskadi
“The drivers are going to get their feet wet when it rains”
Two authoritative sources have admitted they doubt Adrian Newey was telling the whole truth about the air inlet in the ‘step’ nose of Red Bull’s 2012 car. Designer Newey, the pioneer of the now-banned blown diffuser solutions seen throughout last year’s grid, insisted that the mysterious letterbox-slot gap in the RB8 is simply to cool the drivers with air.
A trio of former F1 drivers doubt Sebastian Vettel will trouble Michael Schumacher’s all-time record of seven world titles.
HRT is set to select the port of Valencia as its new headquarters, according to the Spanish sports daily Marca.
The newspaper said the back-of-the-grid Spanish team is targeting the harbourside site recently occupied by the BMW Oracle yacht racing outfit. Warning that the deal “is not done yet”, Marca said HRT chose Valencia, the scene of the annual European grand prix, over other frontrunners including Madrid and Barcelona, and the factory of the sports car team Epsilon Euskadi.
Webber is Australia’s top sports earner
Red Bull’s refusal to dictate a driver hierarchy for the 2010 championship would not have been possible for other teams. That is the claim of Joan Villadelprat, the Epsilon Euskadi chief who was among the multitude of pundits who said the energy drink-owned team would be justified to make either Mark Webber or Sebastian Vettel a de-factor number 1 driver in order to win the drivers’ title.
Christian Horner said before leaving Korea that team strategy will be discussed internally
Sebastian Vettel sounds unlikely to voluntarily fall in line behind Mark Webber as Red Bull pushes for its first ever drivers’ world championship. Although heading for the championship lead in Korea before his engine failure, Vettel is now 25 points off Fernando Alonso.
He ruled out buying the struggling HRT team.
Joan Villadelprat on Monday insisted he has not given up on bringing his Spanish Le Mans team Epsilon Euskadi into formula one. The Spaniard tried to acquire the thirteenth and final team entry for 2011, but the FIA ruled that none of the applicants had the financial resources to justify the go-ahead.
“Too late to go in and design a car for next year”. – Stefanovic
Stefan GP pulled out of the running for the 13th team entry for 2011 because the FIA’s selection process was too slow. That is the view of Zoran Stefanovic, who after missing out on a place on this year’s grid vowed to try again for the 2011 season.
“I think it’s a very real possibility that we could lose a couple of teams”
12 teams is enough for formula one, and 10 would also be a healthy number, according to Williams’ chairman Adam Parr. The Jacques Villeneuve/Durango bid, as well as the Spanish Le Mans team Epsilon Euskadi, have been turned down by F1’s governing body after applying for the final 13th spot on the 2011 grid.
“The 13th license was one way but not the only way to get into formula one”
Joan Villadelprat insists he is not giving up on bringing his Spanish Le Mans team Epsilon Euskadi into formula one. After the FIA said on Wednesday it has decided to leave the 13th team entry vacant for now, Jacques Villeneuve said his partnership with Italian outfit Durango will now try to enter the sport by buying into an existing team.
FIA confirms no 13th team, 20 races in 2011
Jacques Villeneuve on Wednesday said he has not given up on heading his own formula one team in 2011. Earlier in Paris, the FIA ruled that neither Villeneuve’s collaboration with Italian racing outfit Durango, or the Spanish applicant Epsilon Euskadi, had satisfied the requirements for the vacant 13th place on next year’s grid.
“Their analytical work is ongoing — that’s all we know” – Villeneuve
Jacques Villeneuve is not confirming reports that the FIA intends to leave the 13th team spot vacant for the 2011 season. The 1997 world champion, in collaboration with Italian racing team Durango, is in the running along with Spain’s Epsilon Euskadi for the last place on next year’s grid.
More details emerge about F1’s new shape for 2013
According to emerging rumours, the FIA has decided to leave the 13th team position vacant for the 2011 season. It is believed that Epsilon Euskadi, and the Villeneuve/Durango alliance, were the only two contenders to make their grand prix debuts next year.
“I’m really proud of our bid” – Villeneuve
After a stint working on his NASCAR plans, Jacques Villeneuve has returned this week to the other side of the Atlantic to focus on setting up his own F1 team. While also trying to land a full-time seat in America’s premier series, the 1997 world champion is collaborating with the Italian former GP2 outfit Durango in a bid to fill the 13th and final place on the 2011 formula one grid.
FIA’s decision about the 13th team entry is due late this month.
Joan Villadelprat is eager for the FIA to make its decision about the identity of F1’s thirteenth team for 2011. The formula one veteran, who has worked at Tyrrell, McLaren, Ferrari, Benetton and Prost, is now pushing to bring his own Le Mans prototype and junior single seaters team Epsilon Euskadi onto the grid.
He said his plans for Villeneuve/Durango have been in motion for a year.
Jacques Villeneuve has admitted that his efforts to establish a new formula one team in 2011 may be shot down by the FIA. The 1997 world champion is collaborating with the Italian former GP2 team Durango for the final and 13th entry next year, reportedly in competition with fellow hopefuls Epsilon Euskadi and Stefan GP.
Villeneuve said he is no longer affiliated with Stefan GP
Villeneuve annoyed that F1 team plans leaked
Jacques Villeneuve has pointed gentle criticism in the direction of the hopeful Spanish entrant Epsilon Euskadi. It is believed that, as well as Stefan GP, Villeneuve’s joint bid with the Italian former GP2 outfit Durango is in competition with Epsilon Euskadi for the last place on the 2011 formula one grid.
Rinland said Epsilon Euskadi has not even begun to think about a driver lineup.
Hopeful Spanish outfit Epsilon Euskadi has begun wind tunnel testing a scale model of its 2011 formula one car. The Azkoitia based team, involved in single seater categories as well as Le Mans with a prototype car, has applied to fill the 13th F1 team entry for next year.
F1’s governing body is pushing ahead with the selection process to fill the final spot on the 2011 grid.
Amid reports the FIA might prefer to keep the space open for now, F1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone has made it clear he would even be happy if one or two of this season’s new teams do not survive beyond 2010.
UK bookmaker William Hill is taking bets that the German will retire before the Belgian grand prix
According to Mercedes chief Norbert Haug, a line should now be drawn underneath the recent criticisms of Michael Schumacher. With his detractors already questioning his competitive struggles in 2010, the seven time world champion sparked a new line of attack with his aggressive driving against former Ferrari teammate Rubens Barrichello in Hungary.
Durango team manager Ivone Pinton is optimistic his program with Jacques Villeneuve can make it into Formula 1
Villeneuve has joined forces with the Italian squad and has applied for the 13th slot in the sport for the 2011 season. Durango, which dropped out of GP2 at the end of 2009 due to financial problems, is competing for the place with the likes of Epsilon Euskadi, the American Cypher Group and Stefan GP. Pinton says the team is already working on the assumption that it will get an entry.
“The bottom line is they haven’t really and truly given us value for being there”
“One or two” of F1’s existing twelve teams might bow out of formula one before November’s Abu Dhabi finale, Bernie Ecclestone has warned. “I think there are a couple of teams in formula one who really shouldn’t be there. They are a bit out of their depth at the moment,” he said in an interview with the Daily Telegraph.
13th team place may not be filled in 2011
One of Jacques Villeneuve’s potential team investors is reportedly the son of the Libyan leader Colonel Gaddafi. 37-year-old Al-Saadi al-Gaddafi, known as a businessman and professional football player, is backing Villeneuve and Italian racing team Durango’s bid for the 13th place on the 2011 grid, according to Italiaracing.
“I also believe the stewards failed to react as they should.”
Joan Villadelprat has warned Fernando Alonso to put a lid on his overt criticisms of F1’s governing body. Spaniard Villadelprat, bidding to bring his Le Mans team Epsilon Euskadi onto the F1 grid next year, was referring to Alonso’s accusation that a mild penalty for Lewis Hamilton in Valencia last week amounted to FIA manipulation.