Matthieu Vaxivere (SMP Racing) scores first 2016 pole
Tag Archive: Durango
Team Durango lines-up two BMWs for Berton, Durante
A one-day Superstars test was held at Vallelunga and although a late shower conditioned the activities, some new faces lined-up on the last 5th of September. The racetrack close to Rome will be the next venue in-line for the championship, which will re-fire on October 6 and 7.
Auto GP teams keep working to prepare the coming season in the best possible way.
With the first event of the Championship scheduled as early as 10 March three teams decided to fly to Valencia for a three-day test that will kick-off tomorrow morning: Campos Racing, MLR71 and Ombra Racing decided to make the most of the warm Spanish weather to put some mileage under their belts, a test that will surely prove very important as the Ricardo Tormo circuit will host the second event of the season.
Gaddafi’s son was one of the potential backers of Jacques Villeneuve’s
McLaren reportedly explored a potential sponsorship with links to Colonel Gaddafi’s controversial Libyan regime. Britain’s Daily Mail reports that the Woking based team even produced an electronic mock-up of a livery on its formula one car featuring the slogan ‘Visit Libya’.
The 2011 Auto GP season got off the line today with the first official test day on the Barcelona track.
Fifteen drivers gathered at the Circuit de Catalunya, with a very clear weather giving the teams the chance to complete with no issues their different testing programs. At the end of the day Luca Filippi emerged as the quickest driver: testing with TP Formula in the morning and with SuperNova in the afternoon, the Italian driver was the only one to break the 1’33 mark, posting an impressive 1’32”676.
Auto GP is ready to start the engines for the first official test of the 2011 season in Barcelona.
For the two days of testing, that will start tomorrow ending on Thursday, some among the most interesting talents in international motorsport gathered at Circuit de Catalunya to have their first contact with the Lola-Zytek and start preparing the season in the best possible way.
2011 is just two weeks old, but the Auto GP engines have been started already.
Thanks to a steadily raising interest for the series, interest that led many drivers to ask for a test in the Auto GP car even in deep winter time, three teams gathered in Valencia for a two-day testing session that got underway yesterday.
“It looks quite dim right now,” Villeneuve
Villeneuve has admitted he has given up on trying to get back into Formula 1 following the FIA’s decision not to give his proposed team an entry for 2011. The 1997 world champion had been pushing hard for a return to the F1 grid in recent years, and was lined up for a seat with the Stefan team had it been given an entry this year.
Villeneuve also responded to the speculation on Friday
With one swift retort, Colin Kolles extinguished rumours that the Jacques Villeneuve/Durango venture might be rescued by struggling F1 team HRT. After the alliance missed out on the 13th team entry for 2011, 1997 world champion Villeneuve said another potential route onto next year’s grid was to buy an existing outfit.
Jacques Villeneuve/Durango was mentioned as a possible buyer.
According to rumours in the Singapore paddock, the Toro Rosso and Sauber teams could be set for new ownership. The Basler Zeitung newspaper claims Nick Heidfeld’s new tenure at Sauber could be short-lived because Mexican GP2 driver Sergio Perez stands a good chance of becoming Kamui Kobayashi’s 2011 teammate.
“And as planned we will do it together with Jacques Villeneuve. Yes, we believe it’s worth it.
Durango, the Italian racing team, has confirmed Jacques Villeneuve’s announcement that there are plans to buy an existing formula one team. After the FIA decided recently to leave the 13th team entry vacant in 2011, 1997 world champion Villeneuve said “plan B” is to “take over one of the existing teams”.
“The 13th license was one way but not the only way to get into formula one”
Joan Villadelprat insists he is not giving up on bringing his Spanish Le Mans team Epsilon Euskadi into formula one. After the FIA said on Wednesday it has decided to leave the 13th team entry vacant for now, Jacques Villeneuve said his partnership with Italian outfit Durango will now try to enter the sport by buying into an existing team.