Tag Archive: Dieter Gummer

Nov 15

2013 Hockenheim race ‘problematic’ – mayor Gummer

It is possible Germany will fall off the 2013 formula one calendar altogether.

Hockenheimring Baden-WürttembergNurburgring logoThis week, it has emerged that – at the circuit’s own admission – the financially-crippled Nurburgring will almost certainly not host the German grand prix as scheduled mid next year. Read the rest of this entry »

Share

Aug 13

Hockenheim breaks even after 2010 F1 race

Hockenheim has avoided recording a financial loss following the running of the recent German grand prix.

Hockenheim65,300 spectators attended the July 25 event, which allied with the new arrangement with Bernie Ecclestone gave the venue a rare surplus of EUR 140,000. Read the rest of this entry »

Share

Jul 21

German GP ticket sales ‘flattened’ after Schumacher hype

61,000 tickets have been purchased so far

HockenheimDemand for tickets for the German grand prix subsided along with the hype about Michael Schumacher’s return. Hockenheim chief Georg Seiler told Welt newspaper that the announcement of the seven time world champion’s return to formula one led to a surge in demand for tickets. Read the rest of this entry »

Share

Sep 30

Hockenheim GP secured through 2018

Ecclestone takes on ‘business risks’ of Hockenheim race

Hockenheim’s place on the formula one calendar has been secured until 2018, it was confirmed by organisers on Wednesday. Read the rest of this entry »

Share

Jul 01

New hope for Hockenheim after Ecclestone meeting

We discussed the different options now we as well as Bernie Ecclestone need to do our homework

Bernie Ecclestone may have intervened to save the German grand prix at Hockenheim in 2010 and beyond. Last week, citing annual losses, the circuit-owning city said it would no longer be the promoter of the event, raising the prospect that F1 will not return to Hockenheim and Germany will be left off next year’s calendar. Read the rest of this entry »

Share

Oct 11

US investor in Hockenheim talks

There is very strong interest

Hockenheim’s hopes of remaining on the F1 calendar beyond 2010 have taken a turn for the better. Read the rest of this entry »

Share

Jul 18

2008 German GP to lose 3 million euros

Organisers of the German grand prix at Hockenheim expect this weekend’s event to lose about 3 million euros.

“The actual figures depend on the ticket sales,” Hockenheim mayor and circuit chairman Dieter Gummer said. Read the rest of this entry »

Share