Tag Archive: Carlos Sainz Jr

Oct 20

Marko yet to tell Sainz of plans for 2015

Even now crowned the new Formula Renault 3.5 champion, Carlos Sainz jr is still in the dark about his F1 future.

Carlos Sainz - Spa 2014 Clearly the cream of Red Bull’s hopeful clan of young development drivers, the 20-year-old is in the running to replace Daniil Kvyat at Toro Rosso in 2015. But with the 17-year-old Max Verstappen already signed up, it is clear that team boss Franz Tost and owner Dietrich Mateschitz think keeping the experienced Jean-Eric Vergne on board might be the smarter play. Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 17

Toro Rosso hopeful Sainz ‘patient’ amid Vergne reports

Carlos Sainz jr says he is being “patient” as Red Bull decides his future in formula one.

2014-06-08_0863 Before Sebastian Vettel blew the ‘silly season’ wide open and Daniil Kvyat got the call to replace him at Red Bull Racing next year, Spanish rookie Sainz was licking his wounds at having missed out on a Toro Rosso debut for 2015. Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 14

Mateschitz hints Vergne to keep Toro Rosso seat

It is more and more certain that Jean-Eric Vergne will secure at least one more year with Toro Rosso.

2014-03-20 - Scuderia Toro Rosso - Australia - Jean-Eric Vergne (1) Earlier, the 24-year-old Frenchman had been left out in the cold by the Red Bull junior team, as teenage Max Verstappen was signed up for 2015. Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 12

Verstappen with Vergne ‘makes sense’ for 2015 – Tost

Jean-Eric Vergne is now a hot contender to keep his seat at Toro Rosso next year.

IMG_0601 The Red Bull-owned team earlier announced the Frenchman’s impending departure, to make room for the teenage sensation Max Verstappen in 2015. Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 11

Vergne could keep Toro Rosso seat – Tost

Jean-Eric Vergne is back in the running to keep his seat at Toro Rosso in 2015.

2014-06-07_0929 In August, the Faenza based team said the Frenchman would leave at the end of this season as it replaces him with teenage sensation Max Verstappen. Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 07

Not just Sainz in running for Kvyat seat

Carlos Sainz jr is not the only candidate to replace the Red Bull-bound Daniil Kvyat at Toro Rosso next year.

2014-06-05_0142 Christian Horner and Dr Helmut Marko have already admitted the talented Spaniard, the current cream of Red Bull’s famed young driver programme, is the frontrunner for the newly-vacant seat in the wake of Sebastian Vettel’s shock news.
Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 05

Tost says Toro Rosso seat ’99pc’ for Sainz

Carlos Sainz jr is closing in on a Toro Rosso drive for 2015.

Carlos Sainz Jr Until mere days ago, the Spanish rookie – as the apparent cream of Red Bull’s junior programme – remained disappointed to have missed out on departing Jean-Eric Vergne’s place for next season. Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 04

Shock at Suzuka as Vettel leaves Red Bull

A wild rumour is now a certainty: Sebastian Vettel is leaving Red Bull to replace Fernando Alonso at Ferrari in 2015.

IMG_3788 With a Super Typhoon already bearing down, the reigning world champion team sent gasps through the media centre on Saturday morning with its press release. Read the rest of this entry »

Sep 29

Sainz eyes F1 future despite Verstappen setback

Carlos Sainz jr hopes a timely show of dominance can put him back in the spotlight after a challenging couple of months.

Record victory for Carlos Sainz

The Spaniard put up an impressive double-victory in the Formula Renault 3.5 category in France at the weekend, moving tantalisingly close to securing the title. Read the rest of this entry »

Sep 18

Sainz ‘very upset’ with Verstappen signing

Carlos Sainz jr’s famous father has expressed disappointment with Red Bull’s decision-making in 2014.

GP3 - Carlos Sainz Jr (MW Arden) Earlier, 20-year-old Spaniard Sainz jr was regarded as the undoubted cream of the energy drink’s driver development programme, and therefore the favourite to make his F1 debut in 2015 with Toro Rosso. Read the rest of this entry »

Sep 15

Red Bull’s da Costa admits F1 ‘dream’ over

Antonio Felix da Costa has admitted his F1 “dream” is probably over.

Antonio Félix da Costa Last year, the young Portuguese was the cream of Red Bull’s driver development programme and apparently destined for a Toro Rosso debut in 2014. Read the rest of this entry »

Sep 02

Lotterer could return for Caterham at Monza

Mere days before the Italian grand prix, the identity of Caterham’s second race driver is still unclear.

André Lotterer - Caterham - (photo Getty Images) Reports from Japan suggest Kamui Kobayashi will definitely not be back at the wheel of the car at Monza, having already sat out Spa-Francorchamps. Read the rest of this entry »

Aug 26

Van der Garde secures 2015 Sauber race seat – reports

Giedo van der Garde looks set to step up to a Sauber race seat for 2015.

2014-06-07_0138 The Dutch daily Algemeen Dagblad, and the specialist Dutch source Formule 1, are citing ‘sources’ close to the Swiss team and van der Garde that report that negotiations between the Sauber reserve driver and team management have been successful. Read the rest of this entry »

Aug 24

Caterham lines up new Kobayashi substitute for Monza

The big frontrunner now is Roberto Merhi

20131020-0097 Roberto Merhi has admitted he is in the running to be the next occupant of sidelined Caterham racer Kamui Kobayashi’s seat. Read the rest of this entry »

Aug 23

Chilton fumbles as F1’s next ‘pay-drivers’ line up

“What everyone seems to think has happened is not the case”

IMG_6058 He didn’t want to say the words, but Max Chilton insists a Marussia kerfuffle in Belgium should not be interpreted as a simple ‘pay-driver’ in distress. Read the rest of this entry »

Aug 22

Drivers back teen rookie Verstappen

As F1 woke from its summer slumber, the big talking point at Spa was 16-year-old Jos Verstappen.

F3 - Nosiring - 30 Max Verstappen - Van Amersfoort Racing - 31 Tom Blomqvist - 5 Jordan King “At least Red Bull’s marketing is working well because almost all the questions are about that,” smiled Fernando Alonso. Read the rest of this entry »

Aug 21

Sainz jr on hold after Verstappen signing

“Red Bull wants to support me and are trying to find a solution, even for next year” – Sainz.

Carlos Sainz In the wake of Max Verstappen’s signing, life goes on for two other drivers who were overtaken by the fresh-faced teenager. Read the rest of this entry »

Aug 19

Friday debut possible for 2015 rookie Verstappen

Toro Rosso has confirmed reports Max Verstappen will become F1’s youngest ever race driver next year.

IMG_6178 The teenage Dutchman, whose father Jos drove for Toro Rosso’s former guise Minardi just over a decade ago, will replace team veteran Jean-Eric Vergne in 2015. Read the rest of this entry »

Aug 13

Kobayashi backs sweeping changes at Caterham

Kamui Kobayashi has backed the sweeping changes at Caterham, even though it has put his formula one future in doubt.

IMG_5973 After founder Tony Fernandes’ sudden sale and departure, the Malaysian team entered the hands of mysterious Swiss-Middle Eastern investors and new bosses Colin Kolles and Christijan Albers. Read the rest of this entry »

Aug 04

Marko eyes F1 debut for rookie Verstappen

Red Bull may not be giving up on hot talent Max Verstappen.

F3 - Max Verstappen The talented 16-year-old son of former F1 driver Jos Verstappen, in the midst of a meteoric switch from karting to junior single seaters, recently visited the paddock on the invitation of several formula one teams. Read the rest of this entry »

Older posts «