Tag Archive: ANSA

Nov 07

Montezemolo set for Alitalia top job

No longer Ferrari’s long-time president, Luca di Montezemolo’s next move is now clear.

2014-01-24 -  Scuderia Ferrari - Team - Luca di Montezemolo Authoritative reports including the ANSA news agency say the flamboyant 67-year-old, deposed recently by Sergio Marchionne as the Fiat Chrysler group hit the stock market, has been appointed to lead the Italian flag carrier Alitalia. Read the rest of this entry »

Share

Apr 17

Mattiacci to head Ferrari for ‘long time’

“He will already start to make a difference at the Chinese grand prix”

2014-03-04_0000 - Scuderia Ferrari - Bahrain Luca di Montezemolo has played down rumours Marco Mattiacci is only a stop-gap solution at the top of the Ferrari team. Read the rest of this entry »

Share

Sep 04

Di Resta, in Italy, admits Ferrari ‘a dream’

Paul di Resta has been in Italy in recent days.

2013-06-06_0092That might not sound like noteworthy news, particularly in the days leading into the country’s annual grand prix. Read the rest of this entry »

Share

Dec 12

Todt plays down Ecclestone-Ferrari spat

Jean Todt has played down the spat between F1’s most important team, Ferrari, and the sport’s powerful chief executive Bernie Ecclestone.

2012-04-22 - Bahrain Grand Prix - Bernie Ecclestone - Jean TodtLuca di Montezemolo 2011-12-18Ecclestone and Luca di Montezemolo became embroiled in a war of words last week, over the Interlagos yellow flag saga and the Ferrari president’s claim that 82-year-old Ecclestone is now too old to be in charge. Read the rest of this entry »

Share

Oct 27

Ferrari denies navy flag logo is ‘political’

Ferrari has rejected claims it put the Italian navy flag logo on its F1 cars in India for political reasons.

03 - Scuderia Ferrari2012-09-08 - Ferrari - Italy - Fernando Alonso 02The decision has undoubtedly sparked a political response, with Italian government figures welcoming the decision and their Indian counterparts angered. But team boss Stefano Domenicali on Friday denied the move was linked with the diplomatic situation involving two Italian sailors held in India on murder charges. Read the rest of this entry »

Share

Oct 14

Alonso loses championship lead to rival Vettel

Alonso’s title chance just 30pc now – Briatore

2012-06-10_0537Briatore-01-2008-09-26A visibly disappointed Fernando Alonso has in Korea finally lost his long-standing championship lead, as his title rival Sebastian Vettel won a third consecutive grand prix on Sunday. Fernando Alonso’s title prospects for 2012 have dwindled to just 30 per cent. Read the rest of this entry »

Share

Jul 05

Maurizio Flammini, who tried to organise a formula one race on the streets of Rome, has admitted the project is definitely dead.

Promoter confirms Rome grand prix idea dead

Rome - Comune di RomaRome GP CircuitHe told Ansa news agency: “Absolutely not, it can’t be done due to the problem of bureaucracy. “I am now working on the grand prix of New York that I hope will go ahead soon,” Flammini, a former F2 driver and world superbike promoter, added.

Read the rest of this entry »

Share

Jun 06

More surgery as Kubica’s F1 return bid continues

Robert Kubica underwent surgery on Tuesday as the former BMW and Renault driver continues his bid to return to formula one.

2012-05-13 - Spanish Grand Prix 1 01112011-07-30 - Lotus Renault GP - Hungary - Robert Kubica 01Reports recently suggested the 27-year-old Pole, who was seriously injured in a rally crash early last year, would almost certainly never return to F1. But reports in Italy on Tuesday said Kubica has been testing in a formula one driving simulator. Read the rest of this entry »

Share

Jun 30

Pirelli swerves Ferrari’s call for softer tyres

“We are confirming the decision we took a few weeks ago, after once more consulting all the teams”.

2011-06-11_11172011-06-10_1133Italian tyre supplier Pirelli has shown it does not favour Ferrari by deciding to take its hardest compound to Silverstone next week. Team boss Stefano Domenicali as well as Ferrari driver Felipe Massa had openly admitted they hoped Pirelli would swerve the hardest tyre because the Italia 150 car has struggled on it elsewhere this season. Read the rest of this entry »

Share

May 24

Next few races crucial for Ferrari’s 2011 campaign

“There is no doubt that in 2012 there will be new staff in key positions at Ferrari”

2011-05-20 - Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro - Spain - Felipe Massa 022011-05-07 - Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro - Turkey - Fernando Alonso 5Ferrari might have more to say in the coming days about the banning of its innovative new high rear wing in Spain. Before the Italian team’s red cars were lapped during the Barcelona race, the FIA told them to revert to a conventional rear wing design because the one used in practice took an interpretation of the rules too far. Read the rest of this entry »

Share

May 02

Hospital seeks EUR 100,000 for Kubica stay

76 days in Pietra Ligure’s Santa Corona hospital

2011-02-03 - Lotus Renault GP - Robert Kubica 01Robert Kubica rally crash car (2)The Italian hospital that nursed Robert Kubica back to health is set to file an insurance claim to recover the hefty bill. Italian reports including La Gazzetta dello Sport, La Stampa and ANSA say the Pole’s 76-day stay in Pietra Ligure’s Santa Corona hospital cost about EUR 100,000. Read the rest of this entry »

Share

Mar 08

Ford naming dispute ‘strange’ – Montezemolo

Ferrari 150° Italia

2011-01-29 - Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro 0007SIAM_2011_SP_146Luca di Montezemolo has denounced as “strange” Ferrari’s naming dispute with American carmaker giant Ford. The Italian team tweaked the name of its 2011 formula one car last week after Ford complained that the designation ‘F150’ breached its trademark for a full-size pickup truck. Read the rest of this entry »

Share

Feb 27

Todt visits Kubica in hospital

FIA president Jean Todt on Sunday visited Robert Kubica in hospital.

2011-02-03 - Lotus Renault GP - Valencia - Robert Kubica 01Jean Todt2According to Italian reports including the local Il Vostro Giornale as well as Italian news agency ANSA, the Frenchman was accompanied by other officials of the sport’s governing body including Professor Gerard Saillant.

Read the rest of this entry »

Share

Feb 25

‘Lucky’ Kubica looking ahead to ‘long’ recovery

Kubica not suing after horror rally injuries

Robert Kubica rally crash car (2)2011-02-03 - Lotus Renault GP - Valencia - Robert Kubica 01Robert Kubica insists he is “very lucky” despite recovering from horror injuries in an Italian hospital. The Pole has been replaced at Renault for the start of the 2011 season, and there are doubts as to whether he will return to full fitness in the future. Read the rest of this entry »

Share

Feb 07

‘Too early’ to consider Kubica replacement – Boullier

Renault lets Kubica do rallying for ‘balance’

2011-01-31 - Lotus Renault GP  - R31 Launch 0009 - Robert KubicaRobert Kubica - rallye d'Antibes - 10-2010It is “too early” to be publicly considering a replacement for the badly injured Robert Kubica. That is the claim of the Pole’s Renault team boss Eric Boullier, who was speaking just hours after Kubica emerged from surgery in an induced coma after sustaining multiple injuries including a partially severed hand in a rally crash on Sunday. Read the rest of this entry »

Share

Jan 14

Ecclestone wants Rome to alternate with Monza – promoter

“F1 chief executive’s letter was not a “rejection” for Rome.” – Alemanno

Rome - Comune di RomaMonzaThe promoter of a grand prix on the streets of Rome in 2013 has not given up on bringing F1 to the Italian capital. On Thursday, the event appeared to have heard its death knell when it emerged Bernie Ecclestone had written to Rome mayor Gianni Alemanno. Read the rest of this entry »

Share

Oct 29

Rome GP ‘letter of intent’ expires in 2010 – mayor

“I will soon meet with Ecclestone to confirm the letter of intent” – Alemanno.

Rome GP CircuitIt has emerged that Rome’s agreement about a city-based formula one race in 2012 or 2013 could lapse at the end of the year. It was reported last month that organisers of the proposed event to take place in the Italian capital’s EUR district had signed a five-year contract with Bernie Ecclestone. Read the rest of this entry »

Share

Apr 22

Pirelli admits possible interest in F1 tyre supply

A third name has emerged as a potential supplier of formula one tyres in 2011.

PirelliIt has been confirmed that Michelin, favoured by the FOTA group, as well as Avon-Cooper – believed to be favoured by Bernie Ecclestone and small F1 teams due to its lower-cost proposal – are in the running to replace the departing official supplier Bridgestone. Read the rest of this entry »

Share

Oct 12

Massa ‘ready to race’ after Fiorano test (updated)

Ferrari rules out 2009 race return for Massa

2009-06-06 - Turkish GP - Ferrari - Felipe Massa 02Felipe Massa on Monday said he felt back to his old self after driving a formula one car for the first time since sustaining serious head injuries in July. Read the rest of this entry »

Share