Fernando Alonso is the best driver in formula one today.
Michael Schumacher’s famous former manager has advised the seven time world champion to finally quit formula one for good.
Having recently negotiated the great German’s latest personal sponsorship deal, Willi Weber made headlines by announcing that – if he was still in charge – he would travel to Maranello for a chat with Luca di Montezemolo.
Nico Rosberg has dealt a blow to the Lewis Hamilton saga, insisting he is definitely staying at Mercedes next year.
And 27-year-old German Rosberg also said he hopes his current teammate, Michael Schumacher, also stays with the Brackley based team in 2013. According to intense media speculation, Briton Hamilton is weighing up a big monetary offer to join Mercedes next year.
One perceived candidate indicated on Thursday he is in fact not in the running for Felipe Massa’s 2013 Ferrari seat.
It has been rumoured Nico Hulkenberg was among the candidates for the drive, should the famous Italian team choose to drop Brazilian Massa. But German Hulkenberg, whose career was rescued by Force India after he was dropped by Williams at the end of 2010, said on Thursday: “I do not have shining eyes for Ferrari.
Michael Schumacher’s home town is not planning an official celebration this weekend.
At Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium, the seven time world champion will mark the 20th anniversary of his meteoric formula one debut. But 70 kilometres away in Kerpen, Germany, Schumacher’s home town will be quiet as usual, mayor Marlies Seiburg told the DAPD news agency.
“The story is that we had problems in the warmup”
Michael Schumacher has pointed the finger at his first formula one boss Eddie Jordan as he recalled his grand prix debut 20 years ago. At Spa-Francorchamps this weekend, the seven time world champion is marking the passing of two decades since he burst onto the scene with Jordan.
Schumacher however hinted that he could stay even beyond his 2012 contract.
Michael Schumacher on Sunday moved to quash rumours he is set to return to retirement at the end of the season. The Mercedes driver’s manager Sabine Kehm had already slammed an Italian website for apparently fabricating quotes that suggested Schumacher, 42, was considering his seat.
Renault is not confirming the news.
Nick Heidfeld has been selected to drive in injured Robert Kubica’s place this season, according to a German report. Lotus-sponsored Renault has already announced that German Heidfeld, 33, will be testing at Jerez this weekend, but only as “a potential replacement” for car number 9.
There were seven Germans in F1 last year
The plethora of German drivers is making it harder for Nico Hulkenberg to break through in formula one. That is the claim of famous driver manager Willi Weber, who after watching his rookie charge Hulkenberg secure pole in Brazil last year was left scrambling to find the 23-year-old a new job.
Force India confirmed that Hulkenberg has signed longer than just a one-year contract.
2011 for Nico Hulkenberg will be about staying on the radar ahead of returning to a race cockpit next year. That is the claim of the 23-year-old German’s famous manager Willi Weber, who has secured his charge the third role at Force India.
“Now he needs a manager more than ever, because he needs to sell his success.”
F1′s most famous driver manager has admitted he would like to add new world champion Sebastian Vettel to his stable. Although now only handling some of Michael Schumacher’s merchandising and sponsors, Willi Weber became famous for taking 20 per cent of the lucrative earnings throughout the seven time world champion’s meteoric first career.
“That is the ideal alternative for him”
Nico Hulkenberg’s manager Willi Weber has hinted strongly that the 23-year-old will have a “Friday” driving role in 2011. “We have been thinking: shall we pause for a year?” admitted Weber, who has been busily scouring the driver market for a race cockpit for his German charge, who has been ousted by Williams in favour of the well-funded Pastor Maldonado.
Autosprint magazine recalled 1989, when no fewer than 12 Italians lined up on the grid.
Jarno Trulli’s place on the 2011 grid is secure, but the same is reportedly not true for Italian countryman Vitantonio Liuzzi. Reporting on Italy’s dwindling presence in formula one, Autosprint magazine recalled 1989, when no fewer than 12 Italians lined up on the grid.
Switch to our mobile site