“We have social lives too!”
Nico Hulkenberg has played down continuing suggestions he has merely ‘parked’ at Sauber for a year, before possibly switching to Ferrari in 2014.
Told that the rumours are still abounding in the paddock, the German driver said: “It doesn’t concern me at all. “I don’t talk about the contents of my contracts and, anyway, I haven’t even done a single race for Sauber yet,” said the 25-year-old, who has moved from Force India to Ferrari-aligned Sauber for 2013.
Despite becoming Mercedes’ major shareholder and chairman, triple world champion Niki Lauda will remain an expert commentator in 2013.
RTL, the German free-to-air broadcaster, has announced that the famous cap-wearing 64-year-old Austrian has signed on for another season and beyond. RTL’s sports boss Manfred Loppe said he is confident the dual role as a television pundit and leading Mercedes figure will not alter Lauda’s typically outspoken nature.
Adrian Sutil’s manager has denied reports on Wednesday that the 30-year-old has definitely secured his return to formula one.
The German magazine Sport Bild said Sutil, the long-time Force India driver who sat out 2012 in the wake of the Eric Lux assault affair, has beaten hot contender Jules Bianchi to become Paul di Resta’s new teammate.
Daimler CEO Dieter Zetsche has played down expectations ahead of Mercedes’ fourth-consecutive season as a works formula one team.
Nurburgring officials have reached an agreement with Bernie Ecclestone to host the German grand prix as scheduled in July.
That is the claim of the German newspapers Allgemeine Zeitung and Rhein Zeitung, following a long-running ‘on again, off again’ saga surrounding the fortunes of the financially beleaguered Nurburgring.
Adrian Sutil’s manager has admitted the German driver is hoping Force India makes a “quick decision” over its 2012 driver lineup.
A source at the Silverstone based team hinted late last week that, with a decision now imminent, former team driver Sutil is in pole position to restore the 2011 lineup by pairing with Paul di Resta next season.
There is still a chance the Nurburgring will host the German grand prix as scheduled next year.
With the famous circuit now in an insolvency process, an official said recently there is little chance a formula one race will be held there in 2013. But SID news agency reports that the Nurburgring has in fact been empowered to negotiate with F1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone.
Norbert Haug has played down the possibility Michael Schumacher will return to the paddock next year with a prominent F1 role.
The seven time world champion is returning to retirement after a three-year comeback with Mercedes, but had been tipped for a non-driving role at Mercedes. “There will be talks after the season,” Mercedes’ motor racing vice-president Haug told SID news agency.
Switch to our mobile site