The possibility of a return to Force India for Nico Hulkenberg has grown.
Tag Archive: Otmar Szafnauer
Sahara Force India unveiled its 2013 challenger today as Paul Di Resta pulled the covers off the VJM06 at Silverstone circuit.
The VJM06 is the third car to be overseen by Technical Director, Andrew Green, and builds on the strengths of the 2012 car. With stable technical rules the car is more evolution than revolution with the removal of the ‘step’ nose being the most obvious visual change.
Sahara Force India is pleased to announce Speedy Services as an official team supplier as part of a multi-year agreement.
Speedy is the leading provider of equipment and support services to various industries including infrastructure, industrial, construction and events. The relationship will give Sahara Force India access to the latest range of innovative, lean, safe and sustainable equipment to help with maintenance projects at the team’s Silverstone HQ.
Force India has played down suggestions Paul di Resta has entered a “pattern” of less competitive performances.
Praised when he entered F1 last year and initially enjoying the upper hand over Nico Hulkenberg this year, the 26-year-old Scot was being consistently outclassed by his German teammate by the second half of 2012.
Adrian Sutil is on his way back to formula one and Force India, according to Germany’s Auto Motor und Sport.
However, the Silverstone based team’s sporting boss Otmar Szafnauer denied the deal is done: “We have not signed a contract with any driver,” he insisted. Team owner and boss Vijay Mallya, however, has mentioned German Sutil’s name several times in recent weeks, as the team looks to replace the Sauber-bound Nico Hulkenberg.
“We do not need a driver with millions; we need the fastest one”
Force India has added fuel to speculation it is considering Sebastien Buemi or Adrian Sutil to replace the Sauber-bound Nico Hulkenberg in 2013. Officially, the Silverstone based team says it has not been told that German Hulkenberg is leaving, but other insiders consider it a done deal.
Some more pieces of the 2013 ‘silly season’ puzzle are set to fall into place.
British broadcaster BBC reports with confidence that, with his return to the podium at Suzuka following a two-year drought, Felipe Massa could have his new contract to stay at Ferrari confirmed “before” this weekend’s Korean grand prix.
Martin Whitmarsh has admitted that the launch version of McLaren’s new MP4-27 car featured a dummy diffuser and ‘plastic’ exhaust exits.
With exhaust-blown diffusers effectively banned for 2012, the big technical talking point will be how the designers claw back that lost downforce. McLaren gave nothing away last week, installing a fake diffuser and plastic exhausts on the version of the MP4-27 launched at Woking.
Sahara Force India unveiled its 2012 challenger today as Paul Di Resta and Nico Hulkenberg pulled the covers off the VJM05 at Silverstone.
Sahara Force India unveils the VJM05 at Silverstone
They were joined by reserve driver, Jules Bianchi, as the team’s new car was presented for the first time. The VJM05 is the second car to be created under the watch of Technical Director, Andrew Green, as the team seeks to build on its on its sixth place finish in the constructors’ championship and take the fight to the teams that lie ahead.
‘Friday’ driver plan not for top teams – Szafnauer
Force India has acknowledged it will not challenge for the world championship until the team is bigger. Otmar Szafnauer, who is the Silverstone based team’s chief operating officer, told Germany’s Auto Motor und Sport that the former Jordan, Midland and Spyker team’s head-count is currently 310.