Not just for June 2014 but “for the next 15 years”.
2013 is going to be a turning point for me
Open-wheel racing and former midget and sprint car driver Timothy Paul of Mahopac, New York, has signed an agreement to race in the Firestone Indy Lights Championship in 2014 for AJ Foyt Racing. Prior to the 2014 season, Paul, who has run competitively in the F2000 Championship Series, will spend 2013 competing in both F2000 and USF2000 in a CellMark Paper-sponsored entry to gain the maximum amount of seat time possible.
A company has filed a $650 million lawsuit against formula one.
Bluewaters Communications Holdings claims it was the high bidder to buy the sport in 2005. It is claimed CVC, F1′s current owner, was the lower but successful bidder because of F1 chief executive Ecclestone’s alleged bribes to the now-jailed former banker Gerhard Gribkowsky.
Paul Ricard boss Stephane Clair says there is a “90 per cent” chance the French circuit will host a grand prix in 2013.
He suggested to Le Figaro that the country is first in line to step in to replace the delayed New York grand prix. “We do not need the state (to contribute financially) for our project,” said Clair. He said the 2013 calendar would need to be tweaked, but suggested France could be slotted in for early September, creating a sequence of historic European races moving from Belgium, to France and then Italy.
Red Bull, the Austrian energy drink and championship-winning F1 team owner, could be the saviour of the embattled New York grand prix.
Bernie Ecclestone has reportedly told a motor racing website that billionaire Dietrich Mateschitz should step in to fund the race, after organisation and funding shortfalls forced the delay of the inaugural event, which had been scheduled for 2013.
“We are going to be racing at Port Imperial, unfortunately just not as soon as we hoped and expected.” – Leo Hindery jr
Even though it won’t happen in 2013, the promoter of the New York grand prix insists he remains “100 per cent committed” to bringing the Manhattan skyline to F1. Bernie Ecclestone last week confirmed reports that the New Jersey street race will not be ready to host its inaugural race next season.
Next year’s inaugural New York grand prix is definitely off, the Jersey Journal reports.
Bernie Ecclestone has said consistently of late that the New Jersey race, scheduled to take place on the streets of Weehawken amid the famous Manhattan skyline, will probably not happen next year due to contractual issues.
New Jersey governor Chris Christie is not worried plans for a formula one street race next June are set to collapse.
Bernie Ecclestone triggered the uncertainty by revealing that the race organisers currently do not have a contract, despite the fact a June 16 date for the ‘grand prix of Jersey’ was ratified by the FIA at the end of last week.
2012 American Champions Chad Wienen and Josh Creamer at the Olympic Stadium
Canadian rider Richard Pelchat Ready to defend his ATV Title at the Monster Energy Supermotocross
Canadian rider Richard Pelchat is ready to defend his ATV title at the Monster Energy Supermotocross, presented by Parts Canada/Thor, on Saturday, September 29 at the Olympic Stadium. Winning the international ATV race for the first time last year ahead of Americans Cody Miller, John Natalie and Josh Creamer, Pelchat has only run twice against his US opponents in 2012, instead spending the summer competing in the Quebec Quad Cross Series.
Returns with BGB Motorsports
This Saturday June 30th, Jean-Francois Dumoulin will be on the track with BGB Motorsports for the Continental Tire Challenge GS series at Watkins Glen International, New York, United States. He will be driving the n°38 Porsche Carrera with which he has previously competed, notably in 2010, 2011 and last January in Daytona.
Montreal is on the verge of securing a new long-term contract to host formula one until at least 2024, the Quebec newspaper La Presse reports.
It had already emerged that Bernie Ecclestone met at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve last weekend with race and government officials. F1 chief executive Ecclestone confirmed that the new deal for 2014 and beyond is almost complete, with only a few details left to resolve. “The annual fee is done,” the 81-year-old said. “That’s not a problem.
Joins race promoter Leo Hindery, Elected Officials and F1 sponsor Infiniti at 2013 Race Location
No doubts about 2013 New York race – promoter
Two-Time Defending Formula One World Champion Sebastian Vettel makes history, drives preview lap at Grand Prix of America at Port Imperial Course. Formula One World Championship racer Sebastian Vettel drove a preview lap of the course at the Grand Prix of America at Port Imperial. He also held a media conference with Race Promoter Leo Hindery, Infiniti representatives, Weehawken Mayor Richard Turner, and West New York Mayor Felix Roque.
Switch to our mobile site