Both of Force India’s race drivers this year are now looking for new jobs.
Tag Archive: Manfred Zimmermann
Adrian Sutil’s manager has denied reports on Wednesday that the 30-year-old has definitely secured his return to formula one.
The German magazine Sport Bild said Sutil, the long-time Force India driver who sat out 2012 in the wake of the Eric Lux assault affair, has beaten hot contender Jules Bianchi to become Paul di Resta’s new teammate.
Adrian Sutil is “very, very happy” Force India is giving him a chance to shine by his former team Force India at Barcelona this week.
“He’s very, very happy this is taking place,” the German’s manager Manfred Zimmermann is quoted by DPA news agency. Sutil, now 30, spent his entire five-year F1 career with the Silverstone based team until 2011, when he lost his seat at the end of the season in the wake of the Eric Lux assault affair.
Adrian Sutil’s manager has acknowledged a test this week in Barcelona is the German driver’s “last chance” to return to formula one.
Sutil, 30, bowed out of the sport at the end of 2011, after Force India replaced him with Nico Hulkenberg in the wake of the Eric Lux assault affair. But with Hulkenberg now at Sauber for 2013, Force India’s is the last race vacancy for the forthcoming season.
Adrian Sutil is still not giving up on the Force India race seat for 2013.
The vacancy is the only one left in F1 with less than five weeks until the Melbourne season opener. But, currently, Frenchman Jules Bianchi and Narain Karthikeyan appear better placed, even though Force India reportedly refused to comment on reports the latter Indian driver is now in the frame.
Mere days before the pre-season test period begins, Adrian Sutil is still refusing to give up on his formula one comeback for 2013.
Adrian Sutil’s manager has admitted the German driver is hoping Force India makes a “quick decision” over its 2012 driver lineup.
A source at the Silverstone based team hinted late last week that, with a decision now imminent, former team driver Sutil is in pole position to restore the 2011 lineup by pairing with Paul di Resta next season.
Adrian Sutil’s manager has played down reports the German is first in line for a return to Force India in 2013.
With Nico Hulkenberg looking likely to switch to Sauber next year, Force India supremo Vijay Mallya admitted last weekend that long-time team driver Sutil is a candidate to replace the younger German.
Eddie Jordan has predicted Force India will make one driver change ahead of the 2013 season.
The former F1 team owner and boss’s words are carefully listened to these days, after he recently correctly predicted that that Lewis Hamilton would move to Mercedes next year, pushing Michael Schumacher back into retirement.
Adrian Sutil recently visited Ferrari’s headquarters at Maranello.
But the former Force India driver’s manager denied that German Sutil, 29, is therefore a hot contender to replace Felipe Massa in 2013. Indeed, the Cologne newspaper Express said Sutil was only at Ferrari’s private test circuit Fiorano for a day of road car driving with friends and a factory tour.