“Life in formula one is a life of self-denial”
Tag Archive: Luca Colajanni
Bernie Ecclestone has slammed as a “complete joke” Ferrari’s efforts to question the outcome of the 2012 world championship.
The controversy erupted when video footage emerged – and was circulated widely by “Fernando Alonso’s management” according to Sport Bild – of Sebastian Vettel purportedly overtaking illegally under yellow flag conditions at Interlagos. Ferrari confirmed that it asked the governing body for “clarification”, and spokesman Luca Colajanni insists the Maranello team has “until tomorrow (Friday) to file an appeal”.
A video has emerged that clearly depicts Sebastian Vettel overtaking under yellow flag conditions during Sunday’s Brazilian grand prix.
Ferrari and Red Bull on Monday separately denied reports Sebastian Vettel is destined for the great Italian team in 2014.
With Felipe Massa set to be re-signed for next year, the BBC claimed in a media report that Red Bull’s double world champion Vettel is probably Maranello bound for the season after. Red Bull’s Dr Helmut Marko told Bild: “That’s false. That report is wrong, plain and simple.”
Another rumour in the Valencia paddock is that Caterham’s Heikki Kovalainen is also a candidate to replace Massa.
And the candidates are lining up.
Ferrari has played down rumours it is close to immediately ousting Felipe Massa, insisting it is possible the struggling Brazilian will still be in a red car next year. On Twitter, the famous Italian team said the latest rumours – including a claim that former Virgin driver Jerome d’Ambrosio is a candidate to replace Massa in 2012 – are “funny”.
The Italian press is reporting that Ferrari could abandon the innovative pull-rod suspension layout of its disappointing F2012 car.
The Spanish sports daily AS concurs, adding that the revised car could be ready as soon as next month, and certainly in time for Barcelona in May. “Ferrari may even give up its revolutionary front suspension,” wrote correspondent Manuel Franco.
He answered “we’ll see” when asked if Ferrari is planning more changes.
The spotlight is growing brighter on Stefano Domenicali and Felipe Massa as Ferrari looks to put a title-winning team together for 2012. Technical boss Aldo Costa has already paid the price for the 150 Italia car’s difficult start to this season, but the Maranello based team this week slammed rumours Flavio Briatore could now be brought in replace boss Domenicali.
Alonso told Diario Sport newspaper in Canada that he knows nothing about the Briatore rumours.
Ferrari’s media guru and Fernando Alonso have dismissed rumours linking Flavio Briatore with the top job at the famous team. The Dutch website f1today.nl this week said Briatore, the disgraced and banned former Renault team boss who is still Spaniard Alonso’s manager, is “in talks with Ferrari” about replacing current principal Stefano Domenicali.
Ferrari summoned by stewards amid team orders scandal
Ferrari fined $100,000, to face FIA World Council
Ferrari not appealing stewards’ team order verdict
Sunday’s German grand prix began amid a burgeoning flexible wing saga, and ended with a new scandal about team orders. After a team one-two, and soaked in champagne, Ferrari team boss Stefano Domenicali was hounded in the Hockenheim pitlane by reporters accusing him of illegally ordering Felipe Massa to hand his victory to Fernando Alonso.
Team bosses and F1 figures are to appear for a question-and-answer session with fans.
The initiative, organised by the teams association FOTA, will see bosses including McLaren’s Martin Whitmarsh and Lotus’ Tony Fernandes front an audience at London’s British Academy of Film and Television Arts next Thursday.
The decision about the reserve driver is likely within the next several days.
The launch of the 2010 Mercedes GP team concluded on Monday without mention of Nick Heidfeld as reserve driver. Reports at the weekend suggested the 32-year-old German had been signed to the role, but team boss Ross Brawn said a final decision is yet to be taken.