“Supplying McLaren for one more year is indeed not a pleasant situation”
Sebastian Vettel has extended his contract with Red Bull to the end of the 2016 season, according to Austrian newspaper Kleine Zeitung.
Previously committed to the energy drink-owned squad only to the end of next year, the report said the reigning triple world champion has now inked an extension for 2015 with an ‘option’ for the following season as well.
It is likely F1′s 2013 calendar will drop from 20 to 19 races, Bernie Ecclestone has told an Austrian newspaper.
It has been rumoured the F1 chief executive was being urged by Red Bull, the owners of the former A1-Ring, to revive the Austrian grand prix. F1 chief executive Ecclestone has already reserved a twentieth race date on the 2013 calendar, in the wake of New Jersey’s demise.
Reports that Sebastian Vettel is considering a switch to Ferrari sometime soon are “nonsense”.
That is the claim of Dietrich Mateschitz, the reclusive billionaire owner of the energy drinks company Red Bull. He was speaking to the Austrian newspaper Kleine Zeitung after German Vettel on Sunday won his third consecutive drivers’ world championship with Red Bull.
Alex Wurz had a hand in the layout of the new Circuit of the Americas, which has lauded by formula one drivers this weekend.
Wurz, now 38 and a sports car driver, contested 69 grands prix between 1997 and 2007, finishing on the podium three times. The Austrian now works as a ‘driver coach’ at Williams, serving alongside his friend and countryman Toto Wolff, the British team’s new shareholder and director.
According to the latest buzz in the Singapore paddock, the ‘Lewis Hamilton saga’ could be almost at the finish line.
Previously, it was rumoured the McLaren driver was so close to agreeing a switch to Mercedes next year that Michael Schumacher had started looking around for a new team. Writing in Kleine Zeitung newspaper, correspondent Karin Sturm even revealed she had spotted Schumacher’s manager Sabine Kehm talking in the paddock with Peter Sauber and Monisha Kaltenborn.
Red Bull’s title hopes could take a big hit at Spa-Francorchamps, with neither RB8 set to start Sunday’s race from the points rankings.
Former F1 driver Tomas Enge has been banned by the governing FIA for 18 months.
The now 35-year-old Czech, the only F1 driver ever to fail a drugs test a decade ago, failed yet another test recently. In 2002, he was stripped of his international Formula 3000 (GP2) title for failing a test for cannabis.
Switch to our mobile site