“I’m used to pressure anyway” – Bianchi
As the F1 teams prepare for the final pre-season test in Barcelona, Brazilian rookie Luiz Razia’s formula one future appears in tatters.
The 23-year-old was left out of Marussia’s entire schedule for the recent Barcelona test, with the team saying only that it wanted to benefit from the “consistency” of having Max Chilton in the car for every day of running.
Adrian Sutil’s manager has denied reports on Wednesday that the 30-year-old has definitely secured his return to formula one.
The German magazine Sport Bild said Sutil, the long-time Force India driver who sat out 2012 in the wake of the Eric Lux assault affair, has beaten hot contender Jules Bianchi to become Paul di Resta’s new teammate.
Should Adrian Sutil fail to secure his return to F1 this year with Force India, he will not linger in the paddock as a third, reserve or test driver.
“I’m a racer, not a tester. I want to race,” the German, who like Jules Bianchi is in the running to complete the 2013 grid, said after testing the VJM06 in Barcelona last week. The Silverstone based team, pushing the duo’s links with potential 2014 engine suppliers Ferrari (Bianchi) and Mercedes (Sutil), is expected to make its decision this week.
Switch to our mobile site