Tag Archive: Formula One Administration

Jun 08

Impressions from The Grand Evening

Formula One does nothing like anyone else.

2012-06-07_00002012-06-07_0003It is the pinnacle of motorsport and as with the sporting event, any festivities surrounding the race weekend are also likely to be a grandiose affair. The Grand Evening is no exception. This year, this high-glits affair, which serves a charitable cause for Ste-Justine’s Hospital was held at l’Arsenal, in a neighbourhood, Griffintown, which is undergoing some major urban changes.

(More pictures in Flagworld’s photo album of the 2012 Canadian Grand Prix)

Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 18

Singapore to host at least four more F1 races

Government yet to decide whether to extend its current race contract beyond 2012

2010-09-26 - Virgin Racing - Lucas di Grassi_32010-09-26 - Virgin Racing - Timo Glock 04Even if Singapore decides against extending its current F1 race contract, the Asian city-state will host at least four more grands prix. Last month it emerged that the government was yet to decide whether to extend its current race contract beyond 2012. Read the rest of this entry »

Jul 28

Monaco grand prix secures new ten-year deal

The future of the Monaco grand prix is assured for the next ten years.

Bernie Ecclestone said recently that formula one could “do without” its famous annual round on the streets of the Principality. Former driver Patrick Tambay surmised it was a ploy to drive the organisers’ fees “upwards”, and the Automobile Club de Monaco confirmed it is in “negotiations” with the F1 chief executive. Read the rest of this entry »

Sep 30

Hockenheim GP secured through 2018

Ecclestone takes on ‘business risks’ of Hockenheim race

Hockenheim’s place on the formula one calendar has been secured until 2018, it was confirmed by organisers on Wednesday. Read the rest of this entry »

Sep 15

Another false start: 2010 Canada GP still not on

The negotiations are actually over, but we haven’t signed anything yet

The return to the F1 calendar of the Canadian grand prix in 2010 is still not assured, politicians in Montreal insist. On Monday, the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve’s outgoing local promoter Normand Legault said in a media statement that a “commercial dispute” with Bernie Ecclestone is now over and that an “announcement is forthcoming” about Canada’s return to F1. Read the rest of this entry »

Sep 14

GP Canada: Settlement of commercial dispute

Between Grand Prix F1 du Canada Inc. and Formula One Administration

Grand Prix F1 du Canada Inc. today announced that the commercial dispute between it and Formula One Administration (FOA), which had been ongoing since last fall and led to the cancellation of the 2009 edition of the Canadian Grand Prix, has now been settled. Read the rest of this entry »

Oct 15

F1 releases footage of Fuji incidents

Stewards are really getting too involved in trying to control what the drivers are doing

Formula One Administration, headed by Bernie Ecclestone, has released multiple high-quality replays of the incidents that led to controversial stewards penalties at last weekend’s Japanese grand prix. Read the rest of this entry »


Switch to our mobile site