Marko is not the only paddock insider expressing surprise at Sutil’s 2013 form.
Adrian Sutil’s manager has denied reports on Wednesday that the 30-year-old has definitely secured his return to formula one.
The German magazine Sport Bild said Sutil, the long-time Force India driver who sat out 2012 in the wake of the Eric Lux assault affair, has beaten hot contender Jules Bianchi to become Paul di Resta’s new teammate.
Adrian Sutil is “very, very happy” Force India is giving him a chance to shine by his former team Force India at Barcelona this week.
“He’s very, very happy this is taking place,” the German’s manager Manfred Zimmermann is quoted by DPA news agency. Sutil, now 30, spent his entire five-year F1 career with the Silverstone based team until 2011, when he lost his seat at the end of the season in the wake of the Eric Lux assault affair.
Adrian Sutil’s manager has acknowledged a test this week in Barcelona is the German driver’s “last chance” to return to formula one.
Sutil, 30, bowed out of the sport at the end of 2011, after Force India replaced him with Nico Hulkenberg in the wake of the Eric Lux assault affair. But with Hulkenberg now at Sauber for 2013, Force India’s is the last race vacancy for the forthcoming season.
Eddie Jordan has predicted Force India will make one driver change ahead of the 2013 season.
The former F1 team owner and boss’s words are carefully listened to these days, after he recently correctly predicted that that Lewis Hamilton would move to Mercedes next year, pushing Michael Schumacher back into retirement.
Jerome d’Ambrosio is the latest name linked with struggling Felipe Massa’s Ferrari race seat.
While Mark Webber or Sergio Perez are the Maranello team’s more likely longer term solutions, Ferrari may be looking simply for a stop-gap solution, having reportedly run out of patience for Brazilian Massa’s lack of pace and results.
Becoming Pirelli’s test driver was “not an option” for Adrian Sutil, the out-of-work F1 driver has admitted.
“Right now I’m waiting,” the former Force India driver told Eurosport Deutschland. German Sutil, 29, was an established F1 driver until 2011, when he became embroiled in a legal battle with Lotus team executive Eric Lux over an assault.
Adrian Sutil has admitted that discovering Lewis Hamilton was not a friend was one of life’s “disappointments”.
Since their F3 days as teammates, Sutil and Hamilton have been arguably the closest pair of friends in the formula one paddock. That changed, however, when the German driver was charged with assaulting Lotus team executive Eric Lux, and Hamilton was summoned as a witness to the Shanghai nightclub incident.
Eric Lux has revealed he has forgiven Adrian Sutil for injuring him in a Shanghai nightclub a year ago.
Lux, Marsal set to team in last year’s P1 title-winning chassis
The 2011 American Le Mans Series championship-winning car of Dyson Racing will return to action for six races of the 2012 ALMS season. Michael Marsal and Eric Lux will be driving the No. 20 Lola B09/86-Mazda starting on the streets of Long Beach on April 14th and in the season’s remaining sprint races.
Adrian Sutil looks set to keep his motor racing career alive in a category outside of formula one.
The 29-year-old has been fully focused on F1 since 2006, when he was a test driver with the Midland (now Force India) team. He moved into the Silverstone based squad’s race seat the following season, but lost his place for 2012 as Nico Hulkenberg stepped up from the reserve role.
Adrian Sutil deserves to keep his formula one race career alive.
That is the claim of Nico Hulkenberg, the driver who is replacing his German compatriot at Force India in 2012. Sutil, 29, has failed so far to secure an alternative seat, and days ago was dealt a further blow with a Munich court convicting him of grievous bodily harm for an assault on Lotus team executive Eric Lux last year.
Switch to our mobile site