“Our Achilles heel is getting the tyres to last”
Paul di Resta has admitted he is quite enjoying his current status as Force India’s only race driver.
Since parting with now Sauber racer Nico Hulkenberg, the Silverstone based team has been weighing up its options for 2013, with Jules Bianchi and Adrian Sutil reportedly at the top of the candidates’ list.
Nurburgring officials have reached an agreement with Bernie Ecclestone to host the German grand prix as scheduled in July.
That is the claim of the German newspapers Allgemeine Zeitung and Rhein Zeitung, following a long-running ‘on again, off again’ saga surrounding the fortunes of the financially beleaguered Nurburgring.
Stefano Domenicali had his head held high when he answered a clear “yes” to a post-race question from the media on Sunday.
Sauber is set to announce a joint sponsor with its partner Chelsea, the English premier league football club.
Earlier this year, the Swiss F1 team announced the “new and innovative partnership” with Chelsea, in which the sports teams wear each others’ logos. Now, the Daily Mail reveals that Sauber and Chelsea are poised to announce their first joint sponsor.
Robert Kubica will continue his push for racing fitness by stepping up to the wheel of a full world rally-spec Citroen C4 for two forthcoming minor rallies (Rally di Coma and Rallye du Var). “I can’t wait to drive a car that is as quick and has been as successful as the C4 WRC,” said the former BMW and Renault driver, who was seriously injured in a rally crash in February 2011.
Prodrive boss David Richards has admitted he is interested in buying F1 engine supplier Cosworth.
It emerged last week that HRT and Marussia supplier Cosworth, currently owned by well-known US racing names Gerry Forsythe and Kevin Kalkhoven, is for sale. And former BAR and Benetton boss Richards, the majority owner of Prodrive, told the Daily Mail: “We’ve just started to take a look at Cosworth although I think they have rather over-priced themselves as I understand they don’t own the brand and they will be out of the formula one business within 12 months.
Sir Jackie Stewart has once again offered to become struggling Romain Grosjean’s coach.
Earlier this year, when Lotus’ French driver was first labelled a ‘crash king’ of the 2012 season, triple world champion Stewart offered to help the 26-year-old get to grips with the sport’s psychological pressures.
Switch to our mobile site