Luca di Montezemolo has rejected claims he could be set to quit his post as Ferrari president.
Tag Archive: Corriere della Sera
Ferrari has set its million-dollar sights on luring Ross Brawn back to formula one.
That is the claim on Thursday of the Milan daily Corriere della Sera, reporting that the 59-year-old has been offered EUR 5 million per season if he comes back to the sport with a prominent role at the famous Italian team.
Hot on the heels of Ferrari’s latest quit threat, Luca di Montezemolo has called for a meeting to discuss the future of formula one.
Last Friday, the iconic Italian team’s president told the Wall Street Journal that because F1 “isn’t working”, Ferrari could turn instead to Le Mans by 2020. “Of course,” Montezemolo said, “we cannot do sports car racing and formula one. It’s not possible.”
Sebastian Vettel insists Ferrari has the best car on the 2012 grid.
In an interview with journalists from O Estado de S.Paulo (Brazil), Corriere della Sera (Italy) and Auto Hebdo (France), the reigning world champion reportedly laughed at Alonso and Ferrari’s constant claims that the Spaniard is leading the world championship despite not having the best car.
“In F1 there are no magic wands.”
It is the nature of modern F1 that has contributed to Michael Schumacher’s difficult comeback so far, the seven time world champion has insisted. Two years ago now, the famous German – who will turn 43 next month – announced his return after a three-year break to the sport he once dominated.
Ferrari comeback rumours ‘nonsense’ – Briatore
Luca di Montezemolo has rejected calls Ross Brawn should be lured back to Ferrari. Ferrari has not won a drivers’ title since 2007 but the Maranello marque’s president Montezemolo insisted at Monza that he fully supports the reign of team boss Stefano Domenicali.
Ferrari will not have Newey-like structure – Domenicali
Development of Ferrari’s current car will stop after Singapore in two weeks, team boss Stefano Domenicali has announced. Fernando Alonso is the highest ranked non-Red Bull driver in the 2011 points standings, but his deficit is a huge 102 points with just seven races to go.
“We have all the elements we need to have an excellent car next season”
Nico Rosberg might have to wait until 2012 for an “excellent” car, Mercedes team boss Ross Brawn has admitted. Within the next few races, the 25-year-old German will clock up the unenviable statistic of having competed in 100 grands prix without a single win.
A priority for Red Bull is getting Mark Webber into the championship fight, insists team boss Christian Horner.
Australian Webber’s 2011 campaign had a horror opening salvo in Melbourne, but he looked more competitive at Sepang until suffering a KERS failure at the start of the race. In the sister RB7, teammate Sebastian Vettel is now enjoying a clear championship lead after back-to-back wins from pole.
According to Autosprint, Vettel remains cautious.
Red Bull’s new car enters the 2011 season with a significant advantage, designer Adrian Newey has admitted. Until now, figures at the reigning championship-winning team have played down speculation the RB7 is clearly faster than its nearest competitor, Ferrari.