Carlos Sainz jr, now the cream of Red Bull’s driver development programme, is excited about 2013.
“I am genuinely very pleased about our line up for 2012″ – Nino Judge
Caterham Racing is pleased to announce Giedo van der Garde and Rodolfo Gonzalez will join forces with the team this year for the much anticipated 2012 GP2 championship. Giedo Van der Garde, who tested for Caterham F1 Team in Jerez earlier this month, had his first taste of Formula One in 2007 when he was test driver for Spyker F1.
“I’m really happy to be in the Championship with Campos Racing” -Max Snegirev
After a fruitful day of testing in Estoril last Sunday, with all their three cars on track, Campos Racing confirmed their complete line-up for the 2012 Auto GP World Series. The team managed by former F1 driver Adrian Campos confirmed that Facundo Regalia, announced back in December, will be joined by Russian Max Snegirev and Italian Giuseppe Cipriani.
“I’m really delighted to welcome Felipe to the DAMS team” – Jean-Paul Driot
The aim of the DAMS team is to pursue the success it enjoyed in a particularly fruitful 2011 season, and the French team has given itself the weapons to do so. After Davide Valsecchi, the ideal team leader, it has just signed the very promising Brazilian, Felipe Nasr, creating a particularly complementary duo.
Karun Chandhok is today a shadow of the boy who a decade ago dreamed of emulating his heroes.
On a trip to Delhi this week, he revealed to the Daily Pioneer that when he left high school he peaked at 96 kilograms. “I was told that if I wanted to race I had to lose weight in order to first fit in the car,” said Chandhok, who as Team Lotus’ reserve driver is tipped to contest India’s inaugural grand prix late next month.
Two days of test in Jerez
Although the 2011 Series finished two weeks ago at Monza, the GP2 teams are not resting and they will all be meeting again at the Spanish track of Jerez on the 28th and 29th of this month for an official test session to give the teams an opportunity to test new and up-and-coming drivers.
“What we want now is another driver into F1 who can win”
Jean-Eric Vergne has a future in formula one, Red Bull’s driver development chief Dr Helmut Marko insists. The spotlight at present is on Daniel Ricciardo, the young Australian who is at the pinnacle of Red Bull’s junior driver programme and tipped to enter F1 next year with Toro Rosso.
Red Bull’s current third driver is 21-year-old Daniel Ricciardo
Jean Eric Vergne has emerged as the leading contender to become Red Bull’s F1 reserve driver in 2011. The 20-year-old Frenchman this year replaced the energy drink company’s ousted junior driver Brendon Hartley, and he said in August he is becoming “more and more” involved in the F1 programme.
Yelmer Buurman and Portuguese Antonio Felix da Costa will share driving duties of the VJM03
The Force India F1 Team today announced its driver line-up for the young driver test on 16 and 17 November 2010 at the Yas Marina circuit, Abu Dhabi. Dutchman Yelmer Buurman and Portuguese Antonio Felix da Costa will share driving duties of the VJM03 with test and reserve driver Paul di Resta.
We announced this race six months ago and I’m really excited that now the weekend is finally here!
The last Open GT championship event played in Barcelona on 29-31 October will feature one of the best team of young drivers of the moment, consisted of Alvaro Parente and Nelson Piquet Jr at the wheel of a Ferrari 430 GT2 from Aurora Racing Team.
“I dream about formula one” – Stoddart
Susie Stoddart has revealed she would like a formula one team to give her the opportunity of a proper track test. The 27-year-old Scottish driver, whose partner is the Williams co-owner Christian ‘Toto’ Wolff, currently races a Mercedes in the German touring car series DTM.
Mark Webber helped keep a fellow Australian’s racing career alive.
29-year-old Will Power, who tested a Minardi late in 2004, hit had hit rock-bottom earlier that year. He met the then Jaguar driver Webber at Silverstone in 2004, where Power was sitting out the British F3 race after running out of sponsorship money.
Frenchman Jean Eric Vergne to be the replacement
Brendon Hartley’s management has declined to confirm reports the 20-year-old New Zealander has been axed by Red Bull. Alongside Daniel Ricciardo in 2010, Hartley was the energy drink company’s joint formula one reserve driver, and recently attended the British grand prix.
Switch to our mobile site