“But at the moment I think he will swallow the bitter pill.”
Ferrari has signed a well-known F1 aerodynamicist to run its Maranello wind tunnel.
That is the claim of the authoritative Italian publication Autosprint, who first reported the move as a rumour a month ago. Autosprint’s correspondent Alberto Antonini said Loic Bigois, a 52-year-old Frenchman, will now “definitely” move from Mercedes in mid-September, although an official announcement will probably not be made.
A spat between two Britons could drive the German giant Mercedes out of formula one, according to a new media report.
F1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone recently confirmed he is at loggerheads with Mercedes over the next Concorde Agreement. But at the same time, he insisted that the Stuttgart marque is “very important to formula one. I have always supported them and I will always,” he is quoted by Auto Motor und Sport.
Norbert Haug on Monday played down reports Mercedes could be set to be a shock title contender in 2012.
Some new analysis in the sport’s specialist media claims the W03, to be raced by Michael Schumacher and Nico Rosberg this season, was actually quicker than all comers in the crucial ‘long runs’ during recent pre-season testing.
Rubens Barrichello left the Interlagos paddock late on Sunday without saying goodbye.
It is believed the 39-year-old Brazilian’s longest-ever F1 career might have ended as the chequered flag waved at Interlagos, as Adrian Sutil and Valtteri Bottas appear more likely candidates for the Williams seat in 2012.
Rubens Barrichello has revealed he is working overtime to extend his formula one career into a twentieth consecutive season in 2012.
Williams is considering replacing the 39-year-old veteran after his home race at Interlagos on Sunday, with a well-heeled quartet featuring Kimi Raikkonen, Adrian Sutil, Valtteri Bottas and Giedo van der Garde reportedly all in the running.
“This is a sport with a lot of publicity and a race every 15 days” – Alonso.
Fernando Alonso has played down not only Lewis Hamilton’s recent struggles, but also Sebastian Vettel’s unprecedented success. “I think Hamilton is not doing so poorly, or that Vettel is going to win seven titles in a row,” the Ferrari driver told EFE news agency in Korea.
“What does it say for Cosworth’s future?”
Cosworth could be left with just a single formula one customer in 2012, according to the latest reports in the specialist media. New HRT consultant Luis Perez-Sala said last month that the Spanish team “will stay” with its current engine supplier next season because “we have a contract”.
Gerhard Berger has admitted he is no fan of the ongoing debate about overtaking in formula one.
After watching the Australian grand prix on television, the ten-time race winner said the new moveable rear wings made “barely” any difference. But “This is the wrong approach,” he said on Austrian Servus TV. “I want to see racing, where if you want to get past you have to brake later.
Brawn insisted he is not yet thinking about retirement.
Ross Brawn has left the executive board of the Mercedes GP team, according to a report in the Cologne newspaper Express. Brawn and his partners including Nick Fry have now sold 100 per cent of the Brackley based team to Daimler and Abu Dhabi shareholder Aabar.
Switch to our mobile site