“No, it costs EUR 5000, with or without the gold”
Tag Archive: Bild-Zeitung
The Nurburgring will host this year’s German grand prix as scheduled, a major local newspaper has declared.
The fate of the 2013 race had been in doubt because of the Nurburgring’s well-documented financial problems. But the Bild-Zeitung daily said the German grand prix, as well as GP2 and GP3 support races, will be held at the track in early July, as per the published FIA calendar.
Bernie Ecclestone has slammed as a “complete joke” Ferrari’s efforts to question the outcome of the 2012 world championship.
The controversy erupted when video footage emerged – and was circulated widely by “Fernando Alonso’s management” according to Sport Bild – of Sebastian Vettel purportedly overtaking illegally under yellow flag conditions at Interlagos. Ferrari confirmed that it asked the governing body for “clarification”, and spokesman Luca Colajanni insists the Maranello team has “until tomorrow (Friday) to file an appeal”.
A pair of Germans are in the running to replace Felipe Massa at Ferrari in 2013, the major Bild-Zeitung daily reports.
The newspaper said the Maranello based team has now almost certainly decided to part with Brazilian Massa at the end of his seventh consecutive season with Ferrari. Reports last weekend at Spa suggested Nico Hulkenberg, who currently races for Force India, might already have signed some sort of agreement with Ferrari.
Narain Karthikeyan has firmly denied world champion Sebastian Vettel’s claim he apologised for their recent clash in Malaysia.
Michael Schumacher has revealed he would not have returned to formula one if not for the sport’s strict testing ban.
Two years after his record seventh title, the famous German retired in 2006, but then came back with the new Mercedes GP venture in 2010 and is now deciding whether or not to extend his contract for 2013.
Vettel also climbing F1 earnings list – report
During his meteoric 2011 season, double champion-elect Sebastian Vettel has quietly climbed the list of all time greats. Before the season began, the young German was 29th on the all-time winner’s list with his ten victories, alongside Gerhard Berger and James Hunt.
Mark Webber let his frustration show when a French journalist asked him a tough question in Singapore.
According to specialist publications Auto Motor und Sport, Bild-Zeitung (Germany) and Blick (Switzerland), the Red Bull driver was asked on Thursday how he is dealing with his teammate Sebastian Vettel’s utter dominance in 2011.
Renault is not confirming the news.
Nick Heidfeld has been selected to drive in injured Robert Kubica’s place this season, according to a German report. Lotus-sponsored Renault has already announced that German Heidfeld, 33, will be testing at Jerez this weekend, but only as “a potential replacement” for car number 9.
“He’s funny, normal, he has his goals and is working hard to reach them. I like him very much.”
Bernie Ecclestone has revealed that he likes F1′s new world champion so much he would be happy to be his father-in-law. F1′s chief executive has always admitted his affection for youngest-ever champion Sebastian Vettel, but he has now told a German newspaper he could imagine the 23-year-old being one of his daughters’ boyfriend.
Bernie Ecclestone has denied paying a bribe to a German banker arrested last week for corruption.
Gerhard Gribkowsky, once representing former F1 owner Bayerische Landesbank, is charged with accepting $50 million amid the sale of the sport’s commercial rights to its current owners CVC five years ago.
Mercedes and Audi welcomed BMW’s apparent plans.
BMW is set to announce on Friday its decision to enter the German touring car series DTM in 2012. The German carmaker, having pulled out of formula one at the end of last year, admitted recently it has started work on a DTM car to coincide with new regulations.
Red Bull is ready to simply extend Webber’s current deal.
Red Bull Racing has given the strongest indication yet that it is ready to renew Mark Webber’s contract for 2011. In the wake of his dominance in Spain and Monaco, chiefs of the Austrian-owned team indicated they are keen to keep the 33-year-old Australian alongside Sebastian Vettel next year.