“I know exactly what I have to do”
Tag Archive: Auto Plus
Stefano Domenicali has refused to expand on his confirmation that Ferrari is trying to give Jules Bianchi’s F1 career a boost.
Jules Bianchi is still in the running to become Paul di Resta’s teammate at Force India in 2013.
At the weekend, Scottish driver di Resta admitted he is “surprised” the Silverstone based team is taking so long to make its decision. Reportedly, 2012 reserve driver and Frenchman Bianchi is a leading candidate.
More publications and sources are reporting rumours Mercedes could be looking to reshape its commitment to formula one.
Lewis Hamilton may already have decided to quit McLaren, according to a reliable source.
That is the claim of the French TF1 television commentator Jean-Louis Moncet, writing in his Auto Plus column. It emerged recently that McLaren has offered the 2008 world champion – whose current contract runs out this year – over $30 million a season to stay at the British team for five more years.
Mercedes’ continued participation in formula one could be put to a shareholders’ vote at the end of the year.
That is the claim of the respected French commentator Jean-Louis Moncet, writing in his Auto Plus column. Norbert Haug on Monday denied reports the German carmaker is on the verge of quitting the sport because it is not being offered the same Concorde Agreement deal as rival top teams Ferrari, McLaren and Red Bull.
Tongues were wagging in the Barcelona paddock on Thursday when some drivers hit the Spanish circuit wearing odd-looking Pirelli tyres.
Hembery explains ‘blank’ Pirelli tyres in Spain
Some of the tyres, whose compounds are normally visibly differentiated with coloured branding, featured significantly different markings. The big rumour was that, now just two weeks before the start of the season in Australia, teams had requested the blank tyres in order to hide their test programmes from their rivals.
A month before the inaugural race date, uncertainty still persists about the readiness of India’s new Buddh circuit.
The FIA’s World Motor Sport Council said in Singapore that the organisers and Bernie Ecclestone are giving “positive” briefings about the Delhi venue. “We’re very happy, they’re doing a good job,” the F1 chief executive told the AP news agency on Saturday.
French prime minister Francois Fillon has appointed Eric Boullier to help
Jean Todt has backed reports France could return to the formula one calendar in future with a race to alternate annually with famous Belgian venue Spa-Francorchamps. A French newspaper quoted Spa promoter Andre Maes on Sunday as saying he had been recently “asked about” an alternating deal by French officials.
“As I said before, we will not change (the 2013 rules)” – Todt
F1 is racing ahead with its four-cylinder turbo engine formula, despite speculation the sport was pushing to have the scheduled 2013 regulations repealed. FIA president Jean Todt, and his engine deputy Gilles Simon, met with the engine manufacturers in Barcelona on Saturday, amid rumours at least three of the sport’s four suppliers now wanted to stick with the current V8 technology beyond 2012.
In other news, Paul di Resta’s stepfather Dougie McCracken has died
Adrian Sutil has apologised for injuring a senior formula one team official amid reports the German driver got in a nightclub fight after last month’s Chinese grand prix. It was widely reported on Wednesday that Sutil, who drives for Force India, left Renault owner Genii executive Eric Lux bleeding from the neck after a scrap whilst in a VIP room at Shanghai club M1NT with his friend Lewis Hamilton.
It is believed Ghosn, who is president and co-chairman of Nissan, will make the announcement.
The Renault engines used by reigning world champions Red Bull are set to be rebranded as ‘Infiniti’ for the 2011 season. Infiniti is the premium division of the Japanese carmaker Nissan, which is also headed by Renault chief executive Carlos Ghosn.