Tag Archive: Adrian Sutil
The second driver for the 2014 season will be announced at a later date.
The Sauber F1 Team is pleased to announce Adrian Sutil as one of its drivers in 2014. The German will embark on his seventh season in Formula One with the Swiss outfit.
Both of Force India’s race drivers this year are now looking for new jobs.
The Silverstone based team is heading into 2014 with Nico Hulkenberg alongside Sergio Perez, ousting both Adrian Sutil and Paul di Resta.
“I think there are good opportunities for me to continue in formula one”
Esteban Gutierrez says his “priority” is to stay at Sauber in 2014, even though the Mexican does not appear first in line for a seat with the Swiss team.
Paul di Resta has admitted that his formula one career appears over.
The Scot is being sued in London’s High Court by former manager Anthony Hamilton, and during testimony on Tuesday, the 27-year-old admitted he is unlikely to return for a fourth season with Force India in 2014.
Force India on Tuesday named only one of its drivers for the 2014 season.
As predicted, the Silverstone based team said its 2012 race driver, German Nico Hulkenberg, is returning to Force India next year after a single season with Sauber.
Announcement to be made by the Silverstone based team later
One of the last significant pieces of the 2014 ‘silly season’ puzzle will fall into place on Tuesday, the German news agency SID reports.
“I think I did a good job”
In a clear sign he is leaving the Silverstone based team, Adrian Sutil has described this year’s orange Force India car as a “carrot”.
The final pieces of the 2014 grid are now set to fall into place.
With the possible – albeit unlikely – exception of Caterham and Marussia, the only team with full driver stability heading into next season will be Mercedes.
Hulkenberg and Perez for Force India in 2014
That is the claim of Germany’s reliable Sport Bild, as it emerged that the German had until midnight to take up an option granted recently by the Silverstone based team, for whom Hulkenberg raced last year.
“The deal should be announced in the next few days”
Nico Hulkenberg has signed a one-year deal to return to Force India next year, Germany’s authoritative Auto Motor und Sport reports from Brazil.
Di Resta said F1 remains his top priority
Paul di Resta has admitted he might consider a move to America’s premier Indycar series for 2014.
Hulkenberg still in frame at Lotus, Force India, Sauber
Actually, as recently as Sunday in the Austin paddock, most insiders now expected that Venezuelan Pastor Maldonado’s PDVSA millions had resulted in a done deal for the most competitive race seat still vacant on next year’s grid.
Switch to our mobile site