“We had a really good car last year in Iowa” – Alex Tagliani
“I don’t mean to sound like a broken record, but I really feel that we have a strong team and a good group of people at Barracuda Racing. Even though we have had some issues this year, it happens. I think we’re going to come out of this stronger than ever.”
- Driver: Alex Tagliani
- Car: No. 98 Barracuda Racing
- Primary sponsor: Barracuda Networks
- Event title: Iowa Corn Indy 250
- Location: Iowa Speedway
- Track: Oval (7/8-mile)
- 2013 event counter: The Iowa Corn Indy 250 is the 10th race (of 19) for the IZOD IndyCar Series
- Practice sessions: Saturday, June 22 from 10:45 a.m.-12 p.m. CST and 3-3:45 p.m.
- Qualifying: Saturday, June 22 from 5:45-7:15 p.m. CST (heat race format)
- Race: Sunday, June 23 – Pre-race activities starting at 1:30 p.m. CST with an estimated green flag at 2 p.m.
- TV race broadcast (USA): ABC
- TV race broadcast (Canada): TVA Sports & SportsNet
- Race broadcast (radio): IMS Radio Network, XM 211 and Sirius 211
Driver Quote: Alex Tagliani
“I don’t mean to sound like a broken record, but I really feel that we have a strong team and a good group of people at Barracuda Racing. Even though we have had some issues this year, it happens. I think we’re going to come out of this stronger than ever.
“We’ve had some challenges with the car on ovals, which is surprising since we were very quick on ovals last year. When you have challenges like this within a team, you just have to work harder. And the first time you come back from it, it feels like a great relief.
“We’re a big family at Barracuda Racing and we support each other, so it doesn’t matter what the issue is. What matters is how we fix it and it will be fixed.
“We had a really good car last year in Iowa, but we understand now that we can’t say we expect to do well because we had a good car in the past. That doesn’t automatically give us a good car now so we’re approaching it a little bit differently. We’re hoping to have a great weekend but we’re definitely going to work hard and give everything we have.
“The Barracuda Racing car has been great this year but the luck hasn’t been good. That’s racing though. We just have to keep working at it until the result that we all deserve comes to us.”
- Barracuda Racing: @BHA
- Alex Tagliani: @tagliani
- Barracuda Networks: @barracuda
- Bowers & Wilkins: @Bowers_Wilkins
- Barracuda Racing: facebook.com/BryanHertaAutosport
- Alex Tagliani: facebook.com/ATagliani
IZOD IndyCar Series autograph session with Alex Tagliani: Sunday, June 23 from 10:30-11:30 p.m. CST in the INDYCAR Fan Village.
The Official INDYCAR Tweetup Scavenger Hunt: Sunday, June 23 from 9-10:30 a.m. CST with prize distribution taking place at 11:45 a.m. on the INDYCAR Fan Village main stage.