“I’m really excited to go to Detroit.” – Alex Tagliani
- Driver: Alex Tagliani
- Car: No. 98 Barracuda Racing
- Primary sponsor: Barracuda Networks
- Event title: Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit presented by Quicken Loans
- Location: Streets of Belle Isle, Michigan
- Track: 13-turn, 2.36-mile permanent street circuit
- 2013 event counter: The Chevrolet Indy Duals in Detroit are the 6th and 7th races (of 19) for the IZOD IndyCar Series
Practice sessions: Friday, May 31 from 11:10 a.m. – 12:25 p.m. ET; Morning warmup on Sunday, June 2 from 9:30-10 a.m.
Qualifying – Race 1: Friday, May 31 from 3-4:10 p.m. ET
Qualifying – Race 2: Saturday, June 1 from 9:15-9:45 a.m. ET
Race 1: Saturday, June 1 – Pre-race activities starting at 3 p.m. ET with an estimated green flag at 3:50 p.m.
Race 2: Sunday, June 2 – Pre-race activities starting at 3 p.m. ET with an estimated green flag at 3:50 p.m.
- TV race broadcast (USA): NBC Sports Network
- TV race broadcast (Canada): TVA Sports & SportsNet
- Race broadcast (radio): IMS Radio Network, XM 211 and Sirius 211
Driver Quote: Alex Tagliani
I’m really excited to go to Detroit. Last year was our first street course with Honda after switching engines at Indy. We had a really great qualifying run and enjoyed our P3 spot on the starting grid. The Barracuda Racing car was really good and we brought home a top ten finish.
This year should be interesting – I’m excited to see the new track layout and new paving. The double header is going to be hard and it will be interesting to see what the weather does as well. There are going to be a ton of factors to watch out for and evaluate. It should be really fun for the fans with strategy and use of tires. Hopefully we’ll be on the good side of the choices we make and we’ll come out on top.
- Barracuda Racing: @BHA
- Alex Tagliani: @tagliani
- Barracuda Networks: @barracuda
- Bowers & Wilkins: @Bowers_Wilkins
- Barracuda Racing: facebook.com/BryanHertaAutosport
- Alex Tagliani: facebook.com/ATagliani
IZOD IndyCar Series autograph session with Alex Tagliani: Sunday, June 2 from 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. ET in the INDYCAR Fan Village.