«

»

Jan 07

Buemi to sign new Red Bull deal – report

Sebastien Buemi will remain Red Bull’s official third and reserve driver in 2013, the Swiss newspaper Sonntagsblick reports.

2012-09-02 - Red Bull Racing - Singapore - Sebastien Buemi2011-10-30 - Scuderia Toro Rosso - India - Sebastien Buemi (3)It had already emerged that the former Toro Rosso racer, who served as Red Bull’s reserve in 2012, is now definitely out of the running for this year’s second Force India seat.

Sonntagsblick said the 24-year-old Swiss is this week in Brazil, where he is competing in Felipe Massa’s annual Florianopolis kart race.

“Before that,” said veteran correspondent Roger Benoit, “Buemi will again be signed as reserve driver for Red Bull and Toro Rosso.

“Team advisor Helmut Marko has agreed the renewal with Buemi,” he added.

Meanwhile, the Belgian newspaper Le Vif reported that Jerome d’Ambrosio is likely to remain Lotus’ official third driver in 2013.

The 27-year-old, who is managed by Lotus team boss Eric Boullier’s Gravity stable, has been working to return to the grid.

“My management is working hard,” said d’Ambrosio, “but it’s difficult because there are many experienced drivers without teams.  We’ll see.”

source: GMM