Daily Archive: December 17, 2012

Dec 17

Romain Grosjean Confirmed for 2013

Lotus F1 Team is pleased to announce that Romain Grosjean will partner Kimi Räikkönen in an unchanged driver line-up for the 2013 season.

Gerard Lopez - Eric Boullier - Romain Grosjean 05 - Lotus F1 TeamThis year, Romain made his return to Formula 1 with Lotus F1 Team. He finished on the podium in Bahrain (P3), Canada (P2) and Hungary (P3), finishing the Drivers’ Championship in eighth position with 96 points. Read the rest of this entry »

Share

Dec 17

Extensive Eurosport coverage for Jännerrallye

Eurosport has confirmed its programming for the International Jännerrallye, round one of the new-look 2013 FIA European Rally Championship.

European Rally Championship logoEuropean Rally Championship - Sibiu RallyAvailable on the Eurosport platform and online through Eurosport Player, the broadcast schedule for the Austrian event, which takes place near the city of Linz from 3-5 January 2013. Read the rest of this entry »

Share

Dec 17

Conviction no barrier to 2013 return – Sutil

Adrian Sutil insists a criminal conviction for assault last year will not affect his return to formula one.

2011-08-28 - Force India F1 Team - Belgium - Adrian Sutil 012011-06-09_0290Reportedly close to signing a deal to return to F1 with his old team Force India, it has been rumoured the 29-year-old German’s conviction might cause him trouble entering some of the countries on the 2013 calendar. Read the rest of this entry »

Share

Dec 17

Haug felt responsible for Mercedes failure – Lauda

Norbert Haug fell on his sword due to Mercedes’ failure to succeed in its first three years, Niki Lauda has confirmed.

2012-06-10_05132012-07-21 - Mercedes AMG Petronas - Germany - Norbert Haug 01Following last week’s shock news, many sensed the new non-executive chairman Lauda’s influence when it was announced that Haug is stepping down after 22 years in charge at the German marque. But the great Austrian insists he was as surprised as anyone. Read the rest of this entry »

Share

Dec 17

Hamilton has started work at Mercedes

Lewis Hamilton has already started work at Mercedes.

Mercedes AMG - photo - Mercedes AMG2012-11-03 - Vodafone McLaren Mercedes - Abu Dhabi - Lewis Hamilton 19Britain’s Sun newspaper said that although the 2008 world champion remains under contract to McLaren for two more weeks, a “deal” has been agreed whereby the 27-year-old can at least meet his new engineers. Read the rest of this entry »

Share

Dec 17

Mercedes ‘too late’ to poach boss Horner – Marko

“Horner has extended his contract with us last week, by several years.”

2012-09-22 - Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team - Singapore 022012-08-31 - Red Bull Racing - Belgium 99004 - Christian Horner - Dr Helmut MarkoRed Bull has extended its contract with team boss Christian Horner, the energy drink company’s motor sport chief Dr Helmut Marko has claimed. The news follows speculation at the weekend that, in the wake of Norbert Haug’s shock departure at Mercedes, the German marque had targeted Briton Horner as a potential successor. Read the rest of this entry »

Share

Dec 17

Mercedes failure Brawn’s fault, not Haug’s – Stuck

“The car was just not fast enough”

Hans Stuck VICI2012-11-03 - Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team - Abu Dhabi - Michael Schumacher 05Mercedes should not pin its failure to succeed as a formula one works team on departing motor sport president Norbert Haug, according to Hans-Joachim Stuck. Read the rest of this entry »

Share

Dec 17

F1 career ‘on track’ says Grosjean

Romain Grosjean insists his formula one career remains “on track”.

2012-12-16 - Race of Champions - Romain Grosjean 032012-12-16 - Race of Champions - Romain Grosjean 01His comments follow a period of intense speculation, amid suggestions Lotus – and sponsor Total – are considering dropping the 26-year-old after his often impressive yet tumultuous 2012 season. Read the rest of this entry »

Share

Dec 17

Sutil admits ‘good chance’ of Force India return

Adrian Sutil has admitted he could complete Force India’s 2013 driver lineup.

2011-06-09_02902011-06-12_0483The former team driver, who sat out 2012 in the wake of his assault conviction, told German television Sat 1: “I certainly hope so. “It’s not yet certain, but I have a good chance.” Read the rest of this entry »

Share

Dec 17

Marussia co-owner confirms Max Chilton for 2013

Marussia team owner Nikolai Fomenko has confirmed speculation British rookie Max Chilton will make his formula one debut in 2013.

2012-11-04 - Marussia F1 Team - Abu Dhabi - Max Chilton (1)12 - Marussia F1 TeamFomenko, the head of Russian supercar Marussia who bought into the then Virgin team at the end of 2010, was asked by Russian journalists the identity of the driver replacing Caterham-bound Frenchman Charles Pic. Read the rest of this entry »

Share